Shreddage 2 Series - Engine 3.21 Beta. Download and test it now!

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm unable to use SRP with the new nki and instrument files. It fails to resolve my SRP samples and, when pointed to where they are, won't detect them.

Edit: The reason for this is that the instrument is looking for WAV files while the SRP Samples are NCW files.

If you do a Kontakt batch resave, when the dialog box comes up that indicates the samples can't be found, point to the correct directory and make sure the "Allow alternate sample types" option is selected in the lower half of that dialog box. The challenge with this, is that it's really slow. There are over 8,000 wav file samples to sort through - on my system, it could take many hours to get through this (don't have the time to wait). Hopefully Andrew can post an updated version that recognizes the NCW format without conversion.

The other option as a work-around, is load-up a prior version of SRP, then "Save As..." the instrument. Select a different location than your standard SRP installation folder, select to save both patches+samples, and deselect "compress samples." This runs pretty fast (about 16K samples). Once done, you have the SRP samples folder in Wav format, which you can Batch Resave with the 1.15 SRP instruments. Clearly, not a long-term approach since there are duplicate samples in NCW and Wav format. Can remove the Wav samples folder after the instruments are updated to use the NCW formatted samples. May be more work than it's worth, but it'a an approach.
"

There is definitely something wrong with the SRP patch. It never actually resolves finding the samples when I point it toward the samples folder. It just seems like it's looping. The regular S2 patch is fine.

Thanks guys, the SRP thing will be fixed. Any issues with the new functionality?
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”