FLStudio Shreddage II missing notes, inconsistent sound

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition Guitar Rig Pro Kontakt Shreddage 2: Absolute Electric Guitar

Hello! Shreddage is super cool and I've been using it for a long time now, but I've consistently had issues with it that I haven't been able to solve, and I can't really use the plugin seriously because of them. I'm using Shreddage II through Kontakt 5.4.0.114 in FL Studio pretty much always with default patch settings, and amplifying with Guitar Rig 5. I'm having two major problems.

The first problem, is that it regularly misses notes when playing arpeggios, sometimes even with slow lead bits. It seems to get worse with time, and it will even happen in the export process. I find I have to play the middle of the song where lots of guitar is happening, then press the FL stop button twice, then press export and even still it misses notes in the export from time to time. I find that if I restart FL the problem will improve but it wont go away.

The second problem, is that the instrument has an inconsistent sound based on how long it's been playing. When I start playing notes, the lead guitar sound will be sharp and crisp, but as the pattern plays through multiple times, the notes get duller until they sound almost half muted. If I stop and play again, the notes remain dull. One solution I found, was to place a note floating off to the right of the pattern, when it hits that note the guitar gets sharp and crisp again and remains that way for a little while. I find that placing really high notes among low notes causes the problem to occur as well, solos that walk all over the range of notes usually leave the guitar sounding dull.

Here's an example of the dulled sound, It sounds fine at first, then I press STOP, and PLAY again and the guitar sounds different, even though it's exactly the same notes and instrument:
http://www.wonthelp.info/exampleS.mp3

I really really like these plugins and I use them all the time, but these problems have become too much of a bother for me to get any serious stuff done! Is anyone else using Shreddage with FL Studio, or has anybody else experienced these issues?

No idea about the missing notes, but the reason for the changing tone is because the string selection engine is picking a different set of strings to play it on. You can force it to start on a certain string by toggling the string selector for the first note played, then turn off string preference before the next note is played.

I've experienced the muffle/dull sound before... and normally, if I just do a round robin reset, the stuff comes back to normal.
(It's mostly happening when switching articulations -> Sustain to Tremolo)
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

The missing notes is usually a result of midi buffer setting within your daw host software.

Right, if the tone is changing playing the same notes, chances are it's because the string selection is changing. That's because string selection is based on the context of what is currently being held and what was just played. When you strike the first note in a pattern, the script will select a note based on your fretboard preferences (these are entirely customizable on the Perform page.) After that, if you play new notes under the "Reset Time" threshold, they will be placed in accordance to both fret preferences and the virtual hand position.

I definitely recommend checking out the fret range preference. If you want to enforce fret preference even more (superceding virtual hand position) then you can press the "!" button on the Perform->Advanced view.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

IT WORKS!! The hand position and ! button stuff was exactly what it needed, you guys are awesome THANK YOU!! The inconsistent tone problem was definitely my biggest issue. I'll try checking the midi buffer for the missing notes thing next time it starts happening.

Thanks a ton for the help, this is my favorite plugin ever and finally having full control of it like this is really exciting.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”