Constants and Variables +Vocals [Shreddage SFZ/Shreddage Bass SFZ/EZD2]

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://amberoftheland.bandcamp.com/tra ... -variables
now on my new album

Tell me what you think so far. I might re-take the vocals when I have more time/privacy or change the lyrics up for better flow, I dunno. I'm quite proud of what I've been able to do with the underrepresented SFZ versions of these sample sets.
Last edited by instinctual jealousy on Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sing love's lament with a thorn at your breast/Impaled by her barb, cruel and unforgiving/A million dead poets would gladly attest/Heartache's a keepsake to remind us we're living
- Martin Walkyier

Stylistically... this isn't my side of the fence.
But here's my "2 cents" anyway!

The song is pretty good overall, it's nicely mixed.
I love the way your melody guitar is tuned and I also like the way it sounds.
The riffs are seriously tight, the writing is strong but again, this isn't my side of the fence.
The drums did sound a little simplistic but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
(You've done a good job with EZD, what expansion are you using ?)
The vocals were right on point for the most part... but you totally lost me the moment it went clean.
Again, not a bad thing at all. It was actually pretty good but since this isn't my side of the fence.

I'd say you've done a pretty solid job!
Considering this is Shreddage V1, I'm actually amazed how good you've made it sound.
Which makes me wonder why you haven't (if you haven't already) move on to S2X/IBZ & SRP yet.

Thanks for sharing! :)
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

Vocals- can't do much about the tone of my voice. I'm fine with my harsh vocals, but depending on the day I really don't know how to feel about clean vocals. Some of us weren't born to be metal singers, but like anyone would be interested in taking over those duties without compensation I'd rather not pay. Haha. I used to have a more black metal kind of harsh voice, but that started going away the less strained and more comfy I got performing them.

Drums- definitely a little simplistic during the chorus/ending parts. As for the ezd itself, ezd2 modern snare and kicks (don't remember exact one) ezx nashville for the rest of the kit. Slight production tweaks to the kit through the channels and main drum channel. I'm triggering the kicks with a Fear Factory sample I've tended to abuse for some time and using about a 50% mix of the trigger and the base sample. Also one last thing, a channel reversal for audience-perspective drums (instead of the usual ezd drummer perspective).

Guitars- 100% left pan, 100% right pan, two dead center leads that on this track I did a slight left/right pan on for the simple harmony. I am using Hornet's WahWah plugin for lead guitar wah. I don't feel like learning Shreddage 2, and I love using sforzando instead of Kontakt where I can help it. That and how many people really use the sfz version? I can't imagine many. Maybe I'm being a hipster.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback of course! (=
Sing love's lament with a thorn at your breast/Impaled by her barb, cruel and unforgiving/A million dead poets would gladly attest/Heartache's a keepsake to remind us we're living
- Martin Walkyier

My pleasure! :)
Keep it coming, I like your writing! :)
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”