Shreddage 2 - Pitch Bends

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First off, I'm having an amazing time writing music with Shreddage. Got 8 tracks down and nearing the editing phase. But I am having issues with the MIDI controller pitch wheel not registering in Shreddage/FL Studio so I am not sure how to simulate pitch bends. Is there a way I can automate it within Shreddage/Fl Studio without a MIDI controller?

Hi, there!
There are SEVERAL different options of achieving different types of bends in FLStudio, including the UNISON bend! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_jrRlKcs0s
This was the simplest FL built in bending I could find, but if you can tell me what version of shreddage 2 you have, I can open up the door for you and tell you how to pattern place+modulation channel your pitch bends!

Gimme a couple of minutes to give you a sample of what I mean!

Sinthetic wrote:First off, I'm having an amazing time writing music with Shreddage. Got 8 tracks down and nearing the editing phase. But I am having issues with the MIDI controller pitch wheel not registering in Shreddage/FL Studio so I am not sure how to simulate pitch bends. Is there a way I can automate it within Shreddage/Fl Studio without a MIDI controller?
Basically... in FL Studio you need to set Shreddage's Pitch bend range to 12 then you need to edit the pitch in your midi output.
It's rather simple.
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

I use Shreddage 2x. I am trying to emulate a pinch harmonic "squeal" like what bands such as Gojira does quite often, but yeah, not even getting close. Not really sure how to get that sound, even with the Harmonics trigger and the channel pitch it still doesn't sound like it? Sorry if I got my terminology wrong there, not a guitarist.
you need to set Shreddage's Pitch bend range to 12 then you need to edit the pitch in your midi output
Sorry, don't understand what you mean by this?

I think I understand what you mean. You're referring to the [Vibrato Trigger]
In FL Studio->Kontakt, click the triangle next to the cog and look for "Browse Parameters"
On the left hand side of the screen [The Browser], scroll down until you see Midi CC #1 (Modulation Wheel)

From then on, you'll have to play around with it to get the type of bend/squeal you want.
If you find your perfect string hit, you can force the string to always play that note style [b0-f#1]

Sinthetic wrote:I use Shreddage 2x. I am trying to emulate a pinch harmonic "squeal" like what bands such as Gojira does quite often, but yeah, not even getting close. Not really sure how to get that sound, even with the Harmonics trigger and the channel pitch it still doesn't sound like it? Sorry if I got my terminology wrong there, not a guitarist.
you need to set Shreddage's Pitch bend range to 12 then you need to edit the pitch in your midi output
Sorry, don't understand what you mean by this?
In Shreddage Engine tab, crank the Pitch Bend Range to 12.
Otherwise it's not working right.
The squeals are triggered with the "pinch" articulation.
(Not sure if that's what you're looking for...)
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”