Support Info / Requests / Bugs / Mailing List

Official support for: sonigen.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Small request, can you make the wavetable osc read .WT files because I know it's .WT2 file but it would be useful for both, as a lot of software use .WT files, it'd be great to use WT files from other synths.

List of Requests:
*Wavetable Oscillation loading .WT/.WT2 Files that come with external VST software such as Massive and DUNE2.
*Step-Sequencer Modular that takes up three rackspace, has knobs with values of which note it is when transposing.
*hoover over knob for 6 seconds to see value.
*SF2/SFZ to Patch Converter, using the SF2/SFZ as an oscillator that is embedded into the patch files.
*Reverb module for different types of Reverb, : IR Convulsion and Spring Reverb, ect. all in one reverb module.
*Distortion/Overdrive/Saturation Module all in one.
*A New Filter Module that is a 2-part multi-filter that runs in parallel or series circuits.
*A standalone Wavetable Converter to import wavetables in various formats to Sonigen WT2 files.
*an Icon on the windows standalone, (it currently has no icon in the start menu).

The wavetable editor has been completely redone for the next version. Its much easier to get interesting results from.
Step sequencer is on the todo list.
For tool tips you can just click on the knob.
SF2/SFZ is on the ideas list but I havent looked at how hard it'll be so cant say if it'll ever make it in.
DistortionFX module is ready for next version, has 3 shaper types and a built in eq.
Reverb is on the todo.
Standalone WT converter wont happen, but built in import/export to other formats is (or should) be easy enough. (I did have complexer import working at one point, might still have the code somewhere.)

It should have an icon on the standalone, it does here. Have you got the latest version?

Anyway everything is a bit on hold ATM, I dont see my life/work letting up for a month or two, so I wont have any updates for a while. I'm lucky if I get 3 or 4 hours a week to work on it ATM. I cant remember how most of it works tbh!

Regards,

Chris
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

yes I got the latest version and it has an icon, the version i had didn't though, I have a few smw files from the wavetable import waveform, if you can have a user download section where people can send you their presets and wavetables so they can go on the website in the user section, I'd like to give my wavetables and my presets to download from the official website.

Yeah a user section for patches / wavetables would be a good idea. I'll add it to the todo list.

thanks,

Chris
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

I thought of a new system for patches, where you can put folders inside the folders for a request
like so my folder is called <Joel Bisson> then it could have folders inside this folder like so::
<(main preset folder)Joel Bisson> ARP> arp presets here
>Bass> bass presets here
>Strings> string presets here
>Leads> lead presets here
>Bells> bell presets here
>Misc> miscellaneous presets here
ect. ect. where there are folders for each categories
in there own folder in the users folder where in the plugin it's file hierarchy for the presets
are more organized in folders of their own category, is this something that can be done for next
future versions? I get lost looking at 90 presets i made in one folder.

You can already do that. It recursively scans all sub folders in "Patches". So you can organize the directory structure however you like. EG...

"Patches/Joel/Bass/DubStep/SomePatch.smp"

is perfectly fine.

Just remember the directory it's in has no affect on the "patch tags" as they are stored inside the patch file.

HTH

Chris
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

it worked thank you. I will be renaming my presets and putting them into folders
inside the main joel's preset folder, I was wondering because i removed my tags
and i noticed some tags did not get removed even though i saved new files without
tags the old tags appeared, they were saying the tags i removed when i saved them.

sonigen wrote:You can already do that. It recursively scans all sub folders in "Patches". So you can organize the directory structure however you like. EG...

"Patches/Joel/Bass/DubStep/SomePatch.smp"

is perfectly fine.

Just remember the directory it's in has no affect on the "patch tags" as they are stored inside the patch file.

HTH

Chris
I meant organize based on folder names before patches, it works like you said but
not in folder organizing, example, c://joel/bass/JunoBass.smp
joel/bass/ZeusBass.smp
joel/Lead/ARIOLD.smp
joel/Lead/ProtonLead.smp
joel/Lead/StarlightXM.smp
joel/Lead/ZetaSaw.smp

I have a few request so I'll state my old and new requests here, they are:
1:
multi-osc waveform oscillator with more then ten different saws, squares
and other waveforms with a detuning knob in khz and have stuff like sync saw
multi-saw, ect. pwm and other functions all within a new osc module.

2:
FM Modulation capable functions and with sine osc and other waveforms
to modulate an operator with a carrier but within the oscillator section,
without routing to the filter, some other vst's like bazille have FM options
I think it would be cool to have in Sonigen Modular.

3:
Patch info for preset saving, where you can write how to use a patch.

4:
I like the GUI but you said you might want a skin competition and I think
the skin it has now looks fine but maybe have a part of the synth where
you can import skins and have skins on your website with the user patch
and user wavetable section, you can have a user skin section.

5:
Tube Saturation to go with the new Distortion module, to be honest you
can get distortion with the current beta, with overloading inputs and outputs
of the filters and ADSR, Amps, ect. but I can't wait until beta ends and version
V1.0 or V1.2 comes out so I can finally bought what is already worth 200 dollars

6:
Multi-Tap Delay Module or update the current delay with multi-tap functions

7:
a reverb module based off of various types of reverb, example, spring reverb
like with old 70's synths, digital reverb and convolution IR reverb, ect.

8:
all new modules with pages where with every module in sonigen has extra functions
on tabs with switches the modules GUI graphics to a new tab or page as i call them.

9:
Better patch management as i had posted about before with everything based
in folders where in all the folders are alphabeticalized by folder not the master
folder, which for me is my name Joel Bisson, which is the master folder and
i now have folders for categories like leads, basses, keys, drums, ect. but when
they show up in the plugin, it shows the master folder all alphabetically organized
and i think it should alphabetize on sub-folders such as bass, with the patches in
bass are all alphabetized and then what-ever sub-folder is next like leads, and then
percussion for p, and zaps and blips for z, ect. I think it's good way of preset searching.

10:
Aftertouch, velocity and key-pressure functions in a single module to route to other
functions in other modules, if it already has it then nevermind of the number 10
request, i wanted a module that has aftertouch and keypressure route-able functions.

11:
And more functions in all current modules, along with tabs or pages which within a single
module's space is a button to show more options to things like oscilators and all other things.

12:
More file format importing to wavetable, and a additive oscilator where you can set the main
waveform and additively modify via additive synthesis.

13:
A SF2/SFZ module to turn a small sized sf2/sfz files with samples of oscilators or small sample
sized presets into patches saved as the stardard sonigen preset format, so it saves all the sfz data
into a single sonigen modular preset.

14:
A sequencer with 64 note sequencer with rows of knobs of 16 with another row below it of 16
with the other 2 sixteen knobs below the two top rows, with switches to turn on rows of 16
this module should take three rack spaces, and usually should sit on the bottom of the screen
but can be moved to the top if the user desired, like hardware 64 note sequencers, which take
up space.

15:
A Compressor module based of hardware compressor models that sit in racks and euroracks.

16:
An Oscilloscope module, with the round screen that displays a waveform.

this is all i can think of for now but if i think of more not on this list i will add more in a new
reply to this thread, i think the beta is the best thing out there for free.

Ok, I've added that into the ideas list. | have so much in there already and so many ideas myself that its probably not worth me commenting on all the items but...

I want to make better FM capability.
Patch info is a good idea.
GUI definitely needs improving.
More Effects is pretty important.
Controller module gives you aftertouch, velocity, keypressure, etc...

thanks,

Chris
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Request!
Glide/portamento time by keytrack! (Mod input for portamento time on master).
When simutating real instruments this is be very useful - e.g. high notes of cello and strings requiries faster glide time than lower ones.

ok added it to the list.

Regards,

Chris
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Hello.
Is there a reason why Sonigen Modular will not show up as a plugin for me in Ableton Live (v8.4.2) ?
The standalone works and it works in Ableton Live v4 and Sonar as a VST but it's not listed as a plugin in Live 8.
The .dll is in the correct folder as put their by the installer, and all my other plug-ins show up fine. This is baffling to me as Live should recognize the dll in my VST folder.
I downloaded version 9.260.

Thanks. Would really like to use it in Live 8.

EDIT: p.s. I tried an older build and have the same problem.
I've rescanned my VST folder in Live 8, still nothing.

Hi, sorry for the slow reply.

Can you check the log, it's at....

My Documents\SonigenModularLog.txt

And post it here, thanks.

Chris
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Return to “Sonigen”