Sonigen Announces Sonigen Modular beta.

Official support for: sonigen.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jupiter8 wrote:Upon further inspection i think we can write this up as a PEBCAK.
It could also be a ID-10T problem,there's always that.
:lol:

I apreciate the feedback, and TBH I did worry that it might have been a bit unintuative as the amplifier modulation inputs behaves a bit differently than the rest of the modules.

thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

This all look very beautiful, i will keep my eyes on this one :o !

Looks interesting and nice (I mean GUI). Will it work on a netbook (Atom CPU)? Gotta try, obviously; will watch this space for news.

Hello Chris,

congrats with your synth and site!

I've just downloaded it and put it through a quick test. I use a E-MU 0404 USB Soundcard (with ASIO) and my computer runs Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1.

GUI
I like it, it invites me to come and make some noises. Some of your abbreviations puzzles me, though, they did not ring a bell at first sight. To name some that troubles me: Pk (in filter), Phs (in Lfo), St and Cnt (in Pulsaw).
If there is an agreed-upon standard for naming the functions, then go for the standard, if you can fit them in.

Bugs
- There are no cables when Sonigen starts. I have to nudge Cable Opacity and then they appear.
- There is no sound, but I can see the meters move when I play the keyboard.
- When I click the wavetable-button on a wavetable Osc, nothing happens.

Hi Donner, thanks for the feedback.

The abreviations have changed from time to time, i have never been entirely happy with some of them. So if you have sugestions feel free to post them. They do need to stay relatively short though as longer than 3 chars tends to make the gui look a bit crowded and wordy.

The no sound issue has got me a bit stumped at the moment but the other two bugs are fixed.

Could you email me the file

"Sonigen Modular Data/Error Log.txt"

from your "My Documents" folder.

thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Wow stunning!

Downloaded, installed, started, configured MIDI & Audio I/O, loaded a preset patch and it worked flawlessly. Been playing for hours, creating own patches and modifying presets. Not a single glitch yet.

It took a little while to get used to the patching workflow but I'm loving it.

I don't have trouble using the standalone app as I'm sending seq/arpeggios from my Roland Fantom G to my PC where the Sonigen app is running and from there I'm running audio to Logic (Where I have been running it into a standard Logic FET compressor and ValhallaDSP Room reverb (demo) for the last hour). It's just amazing - I'm loving it as much as fiddling my Nord Modular G1.

I have a AMD Phenom 3X on my PC and I haven't run into any glitches even at 32 poly 5 Unison when playing regular stuff. CPU is steady between 30-40%. It will cut off notes if I go mental on the kyboard obviously, but no evil random glitches yet - a very mature release it seems!

I can definitely see this as something I would love to use in the future on a daily basis and fall in love with.

I like the simple graphics, but I can see that maybe some kind of graphics enhancements could be done to enhance the usability when the patches get larger or huge in the future.

Feature requests:
Tempo sync everything
MIDI CC control over parameters
More modules!!!
AU and VST versions (in that order).

Love it!

Sent mail to dev.
Last edited by Jesse J on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

this looks really intresting

is there any chance for OSX version?

This looks interesting. I like the clean interface. Will check this out.
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

It sounds really really good.

verstaerker wrote:this looks really intresting

is there any chance for OSX version?
I plan on doing both Mac VST & AU eventualy. It's not likely to be in the near future though.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Doesn't even start on XP SP3 :(
And I wanted to test it with my netbook

Jazz Franco wrote:Doesn't even start on XP SP3 :(
I am running it perfectly without glitches on XP SP3.

Jesse J wrote:
Can it be my system is missing smth in the system folder? Some runtime etc? The program installs OK but when I double-click to run, nothing happens at all.

Jazz Franco wrote:
Jesse J wrote:
Can it be my system is missing smth in the system folder? Some runtime etc? The program installs OK but when I double-click to run, nothing happens at all.
I'm working on adding logging functions along the startup path and ASIO functions. So i will have some way to find out where it fails.

FWIW it has tested fine on a virgin install of XP SP2, so it's very unlikely to be a missing dll / system thingemy.

thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

sonigen wrote:
Jazz Franco wrote:
Jesse J wrote:
I'm working on adding logging functions along the startup path and ASIO functions. So i will have some way to find out where it fails.

FWIW it has tested fine on a virgin install of XP SP2, so it's very unlikely to be a missing dll / system thingemy.

thanks,
It's an XP SP3 Home Edition Samsung 150 netbook with Atom CPU. Asio is ASIO4All. I have some other audio softwares installed (Psycle and EnergyXT1.4), they're running fine. I'll try to reinstall tonite, maybe I'd have to run the installed software as an admin? So far the problem was exactly as I've written above in this thread: I double-click the exe, but nothing happens at all (no error messages or crashes, just nothing)

Return to “Sonigen”