Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
clone45
KVRer

1 post since 1 Apr, 2011

Postby clone45; Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:52 pm Module ideas

Hi Chris,

I haven't tried this out yet, but it looks fantastic. I've been waiting for some "Nord Modular-Esque" software for a long time.

I've worked on some cellular automaton music software before, and if I can ever contribute to help make such a sequencer in your software, please let me know. :-)

Cheers,
- Bret
sonigen
KVRian

562 posts since 23 Nov, 2010

Postby sonigen; Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:15 am

Hi sorry for not responing earlier.

I've added it to the idea tracker that I use for erm.. keeping track of any ideas I have or people send me.

I have a vauge idea of what CA do, but no idea in relation to sequencing. So if you'd like to post a description of what you are thinking of I can copy and past it into the idea tracker. That way I'll have somewhere to start when I look into it.

That said I do have a lot of stuff to do before I can start investigating some of the new ideas.

I did wonder if this could be applied to an arpegiator?

thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com
Jesse J
KVRist

323 posts since 2 Oct, 2002, from Finland, Europe

Postby Jesse J; Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:54 am

I'm not saying no to cellular automata or any other sequencer module, but I do think that all kinds of sequencers are quite widely available and would like the sound modules - oscillators, filters, distortions, effects be developed firsthand, higher on the priority list.

I do have some nice links to send about sequencing modules, will do so in another post.

What I suggested earlier in an email to Chris (the developer of Sonigen) is a CC matrix. I'll post it here too:

MIDI CC matrix with bipolar attenuators

Control via MIDI CC over multiple parameters with control of bipolar value to each output parameter.

The Nord Modular has "morph groups", knobs that let you tweak multiple parameters, but they are a hassle to set up, in a matrix controls would all be in the same place, plus you'd have more control than just a few buttons.
Astrin
KVRist

59 posts since 26 Feb, 2011

Postby Astrin; Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:23 pm

Just downloaded and got a simple synth in about 15 minutes!
Great job Chris! :tu:

What threw me was the Output module seems to require a Mixer -- can't use an Amp straight thru. :oops: Had to keep referring to your presets to get your conventions. Great fun!

Ideas for Modules:

:pray:

Sine Bank - 8 sine waves output, each with ADSR/LFO amp mod input and each tied to main sine by integer multiples -- main note/sine, 2nd/3rd/4th/etc. harmonic, and so on. Add in phase control for each and I'll build you A Shrine. :lol:
The trick is not making 8 sine waves -- you can do that now with 8 osc with heavy filtering. Making them all related so that phase and harmonic is tied to the main note would be coool! 8)

On, and an ARP unit would be nice (in your spare time :lol: )

Love this so far!
sonigen
KVRian

Postby sonigen; Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Astrin wrote:What threw me was the Output module seems to require a Mixer -- can't use an Amp straight thru. :oops: Had to keep referring to your presets to get your conventions.

You need a VoiceMixer module to mix all the voices down to a single stereo stream before it can be piped to the output, (or sent through the static effects).

Sine Bank - 8 sine waves output
On, and an ARP unit would be nice (in your spare time :lol: )

Additive osc is added to the ideas list, Arp / Sequencer is already on the todo list.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com
sneiter
KVRer

2 posts since 14 May, 2011

Postby sneiter; Sat May 14, 2011 10:43 am

Hi,

what i like to see in your modular program is:

Osc:
Drumosc

Shapers:
Saturation, Clipper, Wrapper and aditional distortion modules.

Filter:
Phase filter, Wahwah, Voice filter, Peak eq, Loband, Hiband and possibly some expirimental filters.

Logic:
Clock generator, Clock divider, Counters, Inverter

LFO:
Advanced Random lfo module

Sequence:
sequence module with adjustable length up to 64+ steps.

Delay:
Modulation delay (adjustable range) 0.01 ms to 5 ms , 0.01 ms to 25 ms, etc up to couple seconds.

Aditional modules:
Glide module, Bitcrusher, Pitch shifter, Compressor/Limiter

Most modules above are also included in the Nord Modular G2
These are the modules i use often to program sounds or liveact.
sonigen
KVRian

Postby sonigen; Sun May 15, 2011 3:52 pm

sneiter wrote:Hi,

what i like to see in your modular program is:

I've added them to the list, the few that weren't already on there anyway.

Once i can get the VSTi version ready to go, and a few minor tweaks sorted out, I hope to start work on some more modules.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com
sneiter
KVRer

2 posts since 14 May, 2011

Postby sneiter; Mon May 16, 2011 1:25 pm

I should thank you! there are not many affordable and visually flexible modular programs.
if you havent allready or own the device yourself:
You can download the nord modular g2 demo on the clavia website.
Beside some limits, its still very good to inspire yourself for your product.

Take your time developing this masterpiece.
if i have any more idea's ill share :)

1 idea more unison voices 8) but i supose you've already been thinking about that :p

Cheerss

Moderator: sonigen

Return to Sonigen

FEATURED
Embracing change the right way: An Interview with David Rosenthal
Advertisements