New feature for testing!

Official support for: sonigen.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, I wasnt happy with having to add a new module just so that you could get at midi controllers like velocity, modwheel, pitch bend, etc... So I have prototyped a new feature whereby you select the controller from the sources list and you get a direct input with no cable.

This image shows velocity patched into cutoff:

The thinking is basically that you dont want a bunch of extra modules and cables just to get at these basic features. At the moment you can access notepitch, velocity, unison spread, pitchbend, modwheel.

I'm thinking this can be extended to support all midi controllers and a small amount of VST automation parameters.

Here's a link to the tester version, SAVE IS DISABLED because i knocked it together as fast as I could and there's no guarantee that patches saved with this version would still load later on.

Note that it will install over your existing version, but you can just install the version off the website to get that back.

[link removed as download no longer availible]

Let me know what you think :D

Thanks,
Last edited by sonigen on Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

this is indeed a hasslefree way to get cc messages onto a chosen parameter. i'd keep that concept.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

brok landers wrote:this is indeed a hasslefree way to get cc messages onto a chosen parameter. i'd keep that concept.
I decided to keep it in tonight. I figured there been quite a few downloads but no-one posted any critisism of it, so it must be ok. It's also good groundwork for general CC control, and VST parameters.

I am also thinking about adding a preferences page where you can tweak response curves, and maybe glide, or parameter interpolation time.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Return to “Sonigen”