Sonigen Modular Update : Sep 26th 2011

Official support for: sonigen.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tried the new 0.9.155 version and the patches which crashed work fine now.
Thanks for fixing it so quickly.
:tu:
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Great new features!! :)
I'm on my knees praying for 8 inputs at some point so I can feed each modules' mod sources with FM goodness from my drums etc! ;)

at some point I hope! :)

Time to sell my Nord modular soon!

I deleted all my old patches, so perhaps that's why I didn't get any errors?

Anyhow, AWESOME CHRIS! :)

Jesse J wrote:I deleted all my old patches, so perhaps that's why I didn't get any errors?
Yeah it was just a minor problem with new code and old patches. Just a few lines of code to fix it.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Works perfectly and lightly in Reaper on XP 32, and most importantly sounds terrific, nice new features there. :tu:

The new GUI has a fantastic looking :love:

One thing - i thing names on inputs like "input", "cutoff", "wave", etc. sometimes took too much place, old naming just two times more compact. Maybe add option to show full signs or reduced (In. Cut. W.) (when horisontal) to save some space on modules. Or instead of labels just "input", "cutoff", "wave" - maybe more useful showing a source of signal like "ADSR1", "LFO2", maybe in pop-up tip... When many cables connected in one module it is hard to track each cable, so pop-up tip (showing from which module goes modulation signal) on mod. amount knob - should be wery useful.

Yep, having a lot of fun with this, simple (for a modular ;)) yet inspiring.

Love the 'dual turn' knobs, never come across an instrument with this feature before, maybe common and i've just lived a sheltered life. :)

One question: how does the Mode option work in the master section? Seems I get the same behaviour however I set it. Holding a note down, pressing and releasing another has the first note retriggering always (but not the envelope). The envelope also always seems to retrigger playing legato, I thought it should behave one way or the other. Maybe I'm missing an option somewhere else...?

Cheers.

Wrong thread oops!!!

GaryG wrote: One question: how does the Mode option work in the master section? Seems I get the same behaviour however I set it. Holding a note down, pressing and releasing another has the first note retriggering always (but not the envelope). The envelope also always seems to retrigger playing legato, I thought it should behave one way or the other. Maybe I'm missing an option somewhere else...?
Hi, the mode only affects portamento.

All, means all notes have portamento,
Legato, means overlaping notes have it,
retrigger, means retriggered notes have it, IE note which are stolen when polyphony is maxed out.

I need to fix the Envelopes to handle legato properly.

Actually I probably need to improve a few things regarding notes / modes / voices etc...
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Thanks, that makes sense.

Good luck with the voice etc work can be a minefield... :)

sonigen wrote:New Version, New Features!!

Watch video of new features on YouTube

The new features are Controllers and Modifiers.

Controllers are input widgets that allow you to use a control signal like Velocity, Keytrack or unison as a source signal for a module input. You could already do this but they have been improved both graphically and feature wise. Most controllers now have a popup panel with extra settings so you can customize how they work. For Velocity you can select response curve, for Ketrack you can change mapping, for Unison you can select a specific value for each voice.

Modifiers are like controllers except that they modify an existing input. So you can set Velocity to control the input level of an ADSFR signal. Or you can use the ModWheel modifier to change how much LFO is applied to the pitch input.

The main thrust is that they make it very easy to do what would probably involve a whole module and some extra cabling in most other modulars. In Sonigen Modular it is a few clicks and a small icon.

And the graphics have been updated somewhat.

Hope you enjoy it!
This is just BRILLIANT!!

thank you 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Sonigen”