Support Info / Requests / Bugs / Mailing List

Official support for: sonigen.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bug?
I don't know if its bug of host (Cubase 5) or Sonigen, but sometimes, after freezing and after, unfreezing sonigen - automation (autoparam) won't unfreezing and automation tracks wont't work. Need to assigh old controller to next autoparam value and write all automation again.
But after reloading project - all automation tracks work well...

SoulState wrote:Bug?
I don't know if its bug of host (Cubase 5) or Sonigen, but sometimes, after freezing and after, unfreezing sonigen - automation (autoparam) won't unfreezing and automation tracks wont't work. Need to assigh old controller to next autoparam value and write all automation again.
But after reloading project - all automation tracks work well...
Hmm, dont have a copy of Cubase to test with unfortunately. I have tried with REAPER and cant seem to replicate the problem. To be honest the "autoparam" stuff is very likely to be depreciated once i get the new and improved automation working, so it'd be a bit wasted effort to fix, i think.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

I had a quick play with the new beta, and the keyboard problem is solved. Almost. When you open a popup menu and press ESC then the window is closed. Not the menu as it is when you right click in your explorer and hit escape.

Care to fix this one too?

I would also like to suggest that you allow audio out from the delay to control parameter data. This can result in some really odd and quirky configurations and sounds.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

jobromedia wrote:I had a quick play with the new beta, and the keyboard problem is solved. Almost. When you open a popup menu and press ESC then the window is closed. Not the menu as it is when you right click in your explorer and hit escape.

Care to fix this one too?
Not sure what you mean TBH?
I would also like to suggest that you allow audio out from the delay to control parameter data. This can result in some really odd and quirky configurations and sounds.
A delay module that handles voices signals is in the todo list, so that'd do what you want I think.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Regarding the menu issue:

1. Right click here in your browser.
2. A popup menu shows up as it should do.
3. Press ESC.
4. The menu disapears.

In Sonigen Modular do the same thing. All steps ecxept 4 is performed as in the browser:

1. Right click here in your browser.
2. A popup menu shows up as it should do.
3. Press ESC.
4. The Sonigen Modular window closes.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Ah right i understand now. I'll add it to the list! Thanks.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Plase make also modulation input for portamento knob on master panel. Sometimes it needs to be automated...

SoulState wrote:Plase make also modulation input for portamento knob on master panel. Sometimes it needs to be automated...
You will be able to directly automate most front panel controls including portamento in the next update. There'll be no need for an AutoParam or MidiCC controller.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Been following this since the first public beta and looking forward to the 1.0 release. VazModular is my first love but this does sound fantastic so you can count me as a customer when it becomes available. Hopefully, it'll develop into something as fully featured as VM one day :)
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Want to write about one more unstability in last version of sonigen. I dont know is it my local or host problem or sonigen itself.
When you try to change polyphony several times - my host crashes with error message telling "there is going something wrong etc. you need to restart cubase". (cubase 5).

SoulState wrote:Want to write about one more unstability in last version of sonigen. I dont know is it my local or host problem or sonigen itself.
When you try to change polyphony several times - my host crashes with error message telling "there is going something wrong etc. you need to restart cubase". (cubase 5).
Any chance you could send me the error log after such a crash? Its the file named "SongenModularErrorLog.txt" in your My documents folder.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Ok if this error appears i look into error log...
Aside of that, there is one another bug - when i load first instance of Sonigen - interface won't appears, but sound is ok. Loading another istances - it's all ok with them...
During that error log is empty, only when unloading sonigen (without any errors) err log is:

Recompile
Recompile

This bug suddenly appears, all working well before...
Maybe it's something wrong with my host or system... don't know...

SoulState wrote:Ok if this error appears i look into error log...
Aside of that, there is one another bug - when i load first instance of Sonigen - interface won't appears, but sound is ok. Loading another istances - it's all ok with them...
During that error log is empty, only when unloading sonigen (without any errors) err log is:

Recompile
Recompile

This bug suddenly appears, all working well before...
Maybe it's something wrong with my host or system... don't know...
Do you have the latest version installed?
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Hmmm... v 0.9.213
It's pre-last...
I try то install 0.9.220 and write if this issues appears...
I don't install the last beta because i thought only difference is the keyboard interrupt fix...

Ok i just installed latest 0.9.220 beta and with interface in first instance is all the same (it's won't opens).
I start making some patch and when i save it with cubase 5 preset manager - that error from host appears again.
Error log sent to mail...

Return to “Sonigen”