Support Info / Requests / Bugs / Mailing List

Official support for: sonigen.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sonigen wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:* Separate pitch bend and pitch down range. Maximum value 24 semitones. Allow inversion (+/- 24 semitones range on both knobs).
Whats the usage for that?
When playing monophonic leads, I often set it up to have 2 or 3 semitones up, and 12 or 24 semitones down for divebombs. It does wonders! :) And depending on the controller you're using, you might want to have reverse the bending motions. Some people find it more natural to pull the pitch bend wheel down to raise the pitch, and vice versa.

Regarding oscillator transpose, yes, it's for the spread. Waldorf's synths usually have this flexibility when deciding on oscillator pitch.

Thanks for adding that stuff to the list. BTW, could you confirm the detuning bug in standalone mode when using samplerates other than 44.1k?

EvilDragon wrote: When playing monophonic leads, I often set it up to have 2 or 3 semitones up, and 12 or 24 semitones down for divebombs. It does wonders! And depending on the controller you're using, you might want to have reverse the bending motions. Some people find it more natural to pull the pitch bend wheel down to raise the pitch, and vice versa.
Ok, that a good reason for it, i'll put it on the todo.
Thanks for adding that stuff to the list. BTW, could you confirm the detuning bug in standalone mode when using samplerates other than 44.1k?
Confirmed. I will have it fixed in the next beta.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Now that's support! :)

I must say I was quite pleasantly surprised at the sound quality of your modular. Keep it up, sir, and have a wonderful holiday time!

One more little feature request -
Global BPM Sync Lfo Mode - current BPM Sync works like free-run voice, global voice sync with bpm is needed very very much! - Because, for example, filter lfo on "hoover"-like sound in unison mode and current bpm sync doesnt sound coherent...

SoulState wrote:One more little feature request -
Global BPM Sync Lfo Mode - current BPM Sync works like free-run voice, global voice sync with bpm is needed very very much! - Because, for example, filter lfo on "hoover"-like sound in unison mode and current bpm sync doesnt sound coherent...
Have you tried using a fixed start phase? If it's set to random obviously they will all be out of phase.

But i'll look into it, i have some vague recollection that there was some technical reason why I didnt include it. But the problem is really that i tried to do a voice and global lfo all in one module when really they should have been separate modules.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Oh i totally forgot about the starting phase :roll: ... so this is no problem at all, sorry )

Happy New Year ! :)

+ Ability to modulate and control via autoparam or controller the "Unison Detune" knob on master module.
Just has faced that working in project...

SoulState wrote:+ Ability to modulate and control via autoparam or controller the "Unison Detune" knob on master module.
Just has faced that working in project...
I'll add it to the todo. It's probably likely to be when i upgrade the way automation works to something more user friendly. So it could be a while.

For now you could use an amplifier like this...

Amplifier input : add an autoparam controller, or midiCC controller.
Level input : add a unison controller.

so output = autoparam * unison.

Use that to modulate master pitch.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Hi Chris!

Why is Semi in the latest version limited to 12/24/36 (+ and minus)? In version 0.9.172 it has been worked correct.

Thanks!

manandmusic wrote:Hi Chris!

Why is Semi in the latest version limited to 12/24/36 (+ and minus)? In version 0.9.172 it has been worked correct.

Thanks!
left mouse does octaves, right does semitones.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

sonigen wrote:
manandmusic wrote:Hi Chris!

Thanks!
left mouse does octaves, right does semitones.
Oops, I should read the manual before I report an issue or ask questions. I'm sorry.

Bug?
Random controlled does not working when triggered by notes on midi track... it set new random value only after stop/play.
(But it's working from the keyboard...)

And when it assigned to filter cutoff, and resonance on the filter is strong, it results very cool sound effects, like hardsync or distorsion BUT if i turn cutoff manually or with other controllers like velocity or modwheel - in acts just like boring normal cutoff (as it is supposed to be, i think), but no these "cool" effects here... WHY ? )))
I want these cool effects triggered from midi track, but this is not working(

SoulState wrote:Bug?
Random controlled does not working when triggered by notes on midi track... it set new random value only after stop/play.
(But it's working from the keyboard...)
It only generates a new value when a fresh voice is triggered, so if its re-triggering an existing voice it'll keep the same value. It's on the todo list to add some way to change this, extra trigger options or something.
And when it assigned to filter cutoff, and resonance on the filter is strong, it results very cool sound effects, like hardsync or distorsion BUT if i turn cutoff manually or with other controllers like velocity or modwheel - in acts just like boring normal cutoff (as it is supposed to be, i think), but no these "cool" effects here... WHY ? )))
Not sure what could be going on there, will have to investigate.

I am very busy ATM with other work and other things, so I literally haven't done any programming on this for over a month. Will likely be at least a few weeks before I can start up again. :(
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Would to add one little request - an option to stop all voices which in release stage when changing patch, for now -then changing a patch with playing a melody in sequencer sonigen makes big loud "Boom" triggering all hidden voices in release stage. This appears then changing patches with long release times, such as string pluck, etc...

SoulState wrote:Would to add one little request - an option to stop all voices which in release stage when changing patch, for now -then changing a patch with playing a melody in sequencer sonigen makes big loud "Boom" triggering all hidden voices in release stage. This appears then changing patches with long release times, such as string pluck, etc...
I've tried a few different ways of handling existing voices when the patch changes and to be honest cutting off and re-triggering is fundamentally problematic. You get booms and lulls however you handle it.

What I eventually plan to do is to let existing voices play out with the old patch and have new voices sound with the new patch. This would stop the booms and lulls, and clicks / pops, during patch change.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Return to “Sonigen”