Wish Lists for V1.0

Official support for: sonigen.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Want to add this one:
It's great to have the feature of cloning modules with all connections/modulation, e.g. - i have a pulsaw osc with 3 pitch mods and with adsr mod etc... it is will be good if i can clone module with all this connections with one click... workflow will be so much faster...

I'll add it to the ideas list.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

* in installer, let choose directory of data folder, eg.:
- My document
- D:\Vst\Sonigen Modular\Data
Because I like portable programs (and usually I try to open installer with 7-zip for manually unpack, not so with sonigen).

* Modifier/Velocity / Curve: much curves like upper knee, and Inverse Curves

Congratulation for your project! vespadj

vespadj wrote:* in installer, let choose directory of data folder, eg.:
- My document
- D:\Vst\Sonigen Modular\Data
Because I like portable programs (and usually I try to open installer with 7-zip for manually unpack, not so with sonigen).

* Modifier/Velocity / Curve: much curves like upper knee, and Inverse Curves

Congratulation for your project! vespadj
Yeah i have been meaning to let the user pick the data folder on install. More velocity curves is on the todo list already.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Is response to 'patch change' commands still on the to do list?

If not: please, please, please!?!?!

Absolutely fantastic product, many thanks!

decaff wrote:Is response to 'patch change' commands still on the to do list?

If not: please, please, please!?!?!
Yeah it's still on there. Not sure when though.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

SoulState wrote:I forgot to add:
- Feedback osc like in JP 8000/8080. (But i have no idea how it works, though)
+1 for this!

First just want to say.... what a beauty. This is a fantastic synth. Sounds lovely.

Group 1) Mouse wheel control of the up/down scroll in main window - for big patches.

Group 2) LFO triggerable envelopes

Everything else seems to have already been mentioned.

Cheeeeeeers,
Pete.

I think it would be nice having a module that i capable of fm/pm/am lin/log modulation + has bipolar attenuators and perhaps offset that loads waveforms like these offered here: https://sites.google.com/site/realwaveforms/home

Perhaps it could load 24-bit/96kHz waveforms? Perhaps it could even "morph" between waveforms??

Thus we could create monster FM patches!

Ok, i've added them to the list.

Chris
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

I don't remember, is there anyone mendioned about microtuning feature, especially "Hermode Tuning".( http://www.hermode.com/index_en.html )
I would like to see it in v1.0 ... (Not so much synths has it, one is - z3ta+)

Video about this in Logic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGNEeGxgXaU

SoulState wrote:I don't remember, is there anyone mendioned about microtuning feature, especially "Hermode Tuning".
I've added it to the list.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

1)What about two separete sequencer modules: a CV/modulation sequencer and a trigger seq for the envelopes. Then should the envs have kind of "trigger" modulation input and additionally a button to switch between Gate/Kbd trig and the trigger input.
The sequencer should also have an adjustable number of steps and a step disable/skip option for pauses.

2)notch and allpass filters (1st priority) and maybe formant filter and frequency shifter (2nd or 3rd priority)
And please, improve the self-oscillation of the filters (1st priority)! It sounds too irregularly, digital and has very unpleasant steps like the microKorg XL ;)

Could you maybe add some filter types modelled after vintage circuits (like moog, ARP, MS-20 ,prophet 5, oberheim, etc.)? This woul have 3rd priority.

3)a ring modulator (1st or 2nd priority)

4)more waveforms for the polysine osc for more complex FM and a possibility of setting an osc to a fixed frequency(2nd priority)

5)An additive oscillator (1st or 2nd priority); it should have:
-at least 16 adjustable harmonics (levels, phase, fine tuning)
-all, even, odd harmonics selector
-modulation inputs for the levels of each harmonic (and maybe the phases or fine tuning) would be good

6)The wavetable osc should be able to load multiple samples and morph between them;

7)a sampler/soundfont oscillator

8)Digital modules like inverters, logical gates and octave dividers(2nd priority)

9)a BBD delay line with short delay times (up to 1ms) and a delay time modulation input, but no dry/wet mix like the CombFilter (1st or 2nd priority) to emulate the ensemble effect of the Solina SE.

9)More Effects like reverb, chorus, flanger, phaser, distortion, EQ, etc.(3rd priority)

10)An oscilloscope/waveform display

11)Maybe a kind of "organ oscillator": a combination module containing 12 oscillators. each oscillator is pitched to a certain note of the highest octave that sonigen can play. Each oscillator is connected with several octave dividers. Every voice output is connected with a amplifier, but the amplifier must only be opened, if the corresponding MIDI note is played, so full polyphony can be archieved and every osc is in phase.
This module is thought to emulate the sound architecture of the transistor organs of the 60s and 70s like farfisa and eminent.
This "mega-oscillator" would have the 3rd priority although its doubtful wether if would be implemented anyway.

12)An FX plugin version of sonigen with modules like external input, envelope follower and maybe frequency follower or vocoder.
There are only 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

DCO18 wrote: 4)more waveforms for the polysine osc for more complex FM and a possibility of setting an osc to a fixed frequency(2nd priority)
You can set the polysine to a fixed frequency by setting the ratio to 0 and setting the freq.
9)a BBD delay line with short delay times (up to 1ms) and a delay time modulation input, but no dry/wet mix like the CombFilter (1st or 2nd priority) to emulate the ensemble effect of the Solina SE.
Is I understand the Solina ensemble effect is just a chorus? Or is it something more than that?

I'll add the rest to the ideas list, at least what hasn't already been suggested.

thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Well, the Solina ensemble effect consists of three parallel BBDs with short delay times (ca. 1-5 ms). Every delay line is modulated by 2 LFOs, a slow one(called "chorus") and a fast one (called "tremolo"). The LFOs are addidionally phase-shifted. The signals of the BBDs are first mixed among themselves and then with the dry signal. So To archieve the original effect, the oscillators are phase-locked to avoid unwanted beatings.

**mod edit**
Oops I acidently edited the post instead of replied to, tried to put back as it was but lost some of it, sorry,
chris
**mod edit**
There are only 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Return to “Sonigen”