Wish Lists for V1.0

Official support for: sonigen.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DCO18 wrote:Well, the Solina ensemble effect consists of three parallel BBDs with short delay times (ca. 1-5 ms). Every delay line is modulated by 2 LFOs, a slow one(called "chorus") and a fast one (called "tremolo"). The LFOs are addidionally phase-shifted. The signals of the BBDs are first mixed among themselves and then with the dry signal. So To archieve the original effect, the oscillators are phase-locked to avoid unwanted beatings.
Thanks for the info
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Still playing with standalone only right now and building a good set of patches, but two things came to mind tonight:

A good implementation of midi learn and also to be able to full screen . I also noticed that when hitting the maximize in win 7, the whole window snaps to the left side of the screen.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

MIDI learn is on the todo list.

The window size is locked to a specific size due to the VST specs and I never got around to changing that for the standalone. Will add it to the todo list.

Regards,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

That's great. I'll try to update as I keep working in it, but haven't had it long enough to find any other things that stand out right away. the filters are very nice. I like the pulse width feel too and very easy to hear subtle differences as you turn the knobs on the Pulsaw oscillator.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Strange request but the ability to host vst would be great. Only VOID modular does this but their support is ebbing, and the sweetness is that it allows you to cable your very own synths and effects as well.

And a x-modulation module might be great too, as in simply input1 x input 2. Love the unison one.

And a x-modulation module might be great too, as in simply input1 x input 2. Love the unison one.
An anti-aliased cross mod is on the todo list but you can achieve the same (not anti aliased though) with the Amplifier module for now.

regards,

Chris
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

What about these modules:

- Diode Gates or bridge rectifiers;
- linear FM inputs for the Pulsaw, Supersaw, Syncrosc and Wavetable oscillators
There are only 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

DCO18 wrote:What about these modules:

- Diode Gates or bridge rectifiers;
A rectifier module is on the ideas list, it's probable but low priority ATM.
- linear FM inputs for the Pulsaw, Supersaw, Syncrosc and Wavetable oscillators
Due to the CPU overhead involved in anti-aliasing that it is not something I want to add. That said a new FM/PM capable oscillator is likely at some point. Something that provides more waveshapes at least.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

sonigen wrote: An anti-aliased cross mod is on the todo list but you can achieve the same (not anti aliased though) with the Amplifier module for now.

Not exactly.
Modulating the Amplifier level with a hi-speed-LFO would be an unipolar modulation (since you can only have a positive gain on an Amp) and a ring modulator produces a bipolar modulation. The difference lies in the different harmonics (sidebands) that are produced, see http://www.amazona.de/workshop-echte-wa ... asen-fm/6/ (in German)

You can archieve a ring modulator by creating the sum and the difference of two input signals and directing them to a common output.

You can also create a frequency shifter by using separate outputs for the sum (pos. shift) and difference (neg. shift) and replace the second input by an internal sine oscillator. Changing the osc freq would change the amount of shift (however, I do not know the exact structure of a freqshifter :D). Of course a shift mod input (osc's pitch mod) would be useful, but thats another story...
There are only 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

DCO18 wrote: Not exactly.
Modulating the Amplifier level with a hi-speed-LFO would be an unipolar modulation (since you can only have a positive gain on an Amp) and a ring modulator produces a bipolar modulation.
The Amplifier module is just a linear multiplier, it's not a 'gain' based amplifier. IE It implements the following function...

output = in * level

It will do what you want.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Would like to see some EQ type filters. They would work nicely on controlling sound with resonance turned up high on multifilter or as pre-output shapers. Also the ability to modulate resonance on the comb filter. Polysine could use some octave down tuning or I'm not getting how to tune it correctly.

Probably has been said before but some multifx - decimator, Overdrive, chorus/flanger, reverb

Line based oscilloscope.

Square wave on oscillators.

Again - what great potential here. Recently tried Kamioooka, Damatriks, Karmafx Synth, Void. Sonigen feel and workflow is great and preferred over those for me. Sound is amazing. Still making patches and have about 5 more now, but going slower on them because of my current schedule of work. Wish I had hours and hours to spend.

:D
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

One personal preference I have - I like to use softsynths that have the look of real hardware. Your GUI is practical and easy on the eyes for working in, but a little plain too (no offense meant as it doesn't interfere with workflow at all). Would like to see it look more like real hardware. Just my preference.

Crazy, I know, but it stopped me from getting synths before. I would like to try ACE, but the GUI turns me off of it even though it is nicely done and practical. Having the same issue with Karmafx synth. Void was too small and Kamioooka and Damatriks have a nice look to them. VAZ is the same way for me. Can't get past no cables on VAZ and that GUI is a turnoff.

Any synths that have that cartoonish look too. Can't use em.

Weird, I know.

:shock:
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wormhelmet wrote:Would like to see some EQ type filters. They would work nicely on controlling sound with resonance turned up high on multifilter or as pre-output shapers. Also the ability to modulate resonance on the comb filter.
They are all on the todo list.
Polysine could use some octave down tuning or I'm not getting how to tune it correctly.
set the ratio to

0.125, 0.25, 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16

for octaves
Probably has been said before but some multifx - decimator, Overdrive, chorus/flanger, reverb
Line based oscilloscope.
Already on the todo list. A Chorus effect is 90% done actually, will be in next update.

Square wave on oscillators.
Both Pulsaw and Syncrosc do Square.

I don't know necessarily about hardware look and feel but certainly the GUI could be a lot better. I just dont have the ability with graphic design to e perfectly honest, that's why its plain and functional. If things go well I'll probably hire someone who knows what they're doing to sort the GUI out.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

I finally cracked open the manual and saw you can do square waves. I also read some history and realized you just updated the GUI. Sorry about that. I like this one better than the old. I also downloaded the zip for skinning it. Maybe I'll give it a try. Hope I didn't offend you as I realize you just got done putting work into this part of it. Next time I'll read up on changes before typing here...

:oops:
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wormhelmet wrote:Hope I didn't offend you as I realize you just got done putting work into this part of it.
Not in the least, 8)

Regards
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Return to “Sonigen”