Mac version?

Official support for: sonigen.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. Sorry if this has been answered before, but a mac version of this vst is planned?
Now I'm using pc, but I'd like to get a mac laptop soon and I'm loving this synth, so... (please?)

Fernando Carvalho wrote:Hi. Sorry if this has been answered before, but a mac version of this vst is planned?
Now I'm using pc, but I'd like to get a mac laptop soon and I'm loving this synth, so... (please?)
I'd like to but I have no idea when I might get round to it.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Well, for me is enough if version 1.0 is mac ready, I will still have my pc, so I will keep on using this amazing synth. Thanks for your good work.

After much playing with Audulus on my iPad, I am still completely disappointed there are no modular iOS apps that offer the ease of use like Sonigen does. If you have success in leaps and bounds for PC (I'm sure you will!), and release a Mac version, any chance of an iOS port? This thing would be an instant iOS hit with support for Audiobus....

I know that an iOS port is probably not on your mind right now or possibly never, but there really are no modulars on iOS with straightforward interfaces like this. Maybe keep the thought in the back of your mind if looking for alternate market after you sell a million copies!
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Hmmmm, just read your about section on your website. Just you doing all this, I'm sure you have enough on your plate as is. Ok, so if you get big enough to have to hire co-devs, then maybe think about it. Haven't been this excited about a VST since I can't even remember when.

I've been waiting for something like this for as long as you have been working on it! Hoping you have huge success with it.

:)
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Well there's 64 bit, and then MAC version first, and I have no time frame for those ATM, so iOS or Android are not even in consideration. A lot does depend on how well I do with the commercial version. If i can take it on full time i can triple the amount of time I spend on it.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Just wanted to say I'd love a 64-bit Mac version, too!

I recently downloaded the trial version from vst4free.com to my MacBook running osx 10.6.8. I have WinXP installed using the Parallels program and I'm using a free daw called Anvil. The vst runs fine but is limited, it is a trial version, after all. The stand alone version will load but produces no sound, I am using a midi controller keyboard.
Don't let getting a Mac stop you, I find Win XP runs better on my MacBook then on a PC. You should be able to get an oem version of WinXP from a computer repair shop fairly cheaply, or borrow it. It's a fairly automated install process with Parallels, you can also install later versions of Windows. Paralle's support is excellent via chat line, they helped me install Android 4 for PCs as well.

Return to “Sonigen”