Ableton Live 8.3 bug

Official support for: sonigen.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I installed the 9.218 beta today. I noticed a bug in Live. I use both the computer keyboard and an external midi keyboard to play instruments in Live. When I open the SonigenModular GUI so that it is active (i.e. clicked on), the computer keyboard will not play the instrument. If I click on the Live GUI interface to make that active, some patches will play while others will not.

My external keyboard does not have any problems playing the instrument.

This instrument sounds great and I'm looking forward to learning how to create my own patches.

Hope you can fix this bug.

Having this very bug in FL Studio as well. Can you try to quit Ableton from within Sonigen after you've made some changes? If Ableton quits without asking you to save then it is the same issue I'm having.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

I've noticed that after making changes to Sonigen in Cubase and then closing the project, I'm not prompted to save the changes. I've haven't checked this is Live yet.

I guess that unless there is some way to report changes to the host then it wont know anything has changed. Maybe with other instruments where all parameter changes would be reported due to automation, then the host knows. I wonder if there's some other way to notify the host.

Will look into it, thanks for the report!
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

9.220 will not load in Ableton Live or Cubase. I was not able to see if this version fixed my problem stated in the first post of this thread. I think my problem is different than the one stated for FL Studio.

DJ_Bach wrote:9.220 will not load in Ableton Live or Cubase. I was not able to see if this version fixed my problem stated in the first post of this thread. I think my problem is different than the one stated for FL Studio.
Can you send me the error log...

My Documents\SongenModularErrorLog.txt

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

I uninstalled 9.220. and reinstalled previous version. Here's the log but I don't know if it's what you need.

~~~Begin Log~~~
VST::CreateEffectInstance
ModularStartup
Lookups generated

Thanks for that, I'd got one of the registry settings in the installer messed up, should work OK now.

Let me know :D
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

1. Ableton Live problem in first post fixed.

2. "Digitalic" and "Uncertain Tea" patches show "File Format is incorrect".

3. Changes in the program does not bring up the save changes dialog in Cubase. You're probably still working on this.

Keep up the good work.

DJ_Bach wrote: 2. "Digitalic" and "Uncertain Tea" patches show "File Format is incorrect".
Yeah they are patches save with the development branch, they wont work, yet!
3. Changes in the program does not bring up the save changes dialog in Cubase. You're probably still working on this.
Yeah, once i get all the parameter handling stuff fixed up it should be easy to solve this issue.
Keep up the good work.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Return to “Sonigen”