New beta version ready for download.

Official support for: sonigen.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you for explanation of unison spread module, i got the point how it works. I looked in manual yesterday, but got no idea in than application i can use it. So this is very helpful.

Found a bug?
When i try to rename modules, i can't write numbers. It doesn't accept it.
So for midi cc on constant i should write "Midi CC Ten", "Midi CC Nine", etc. ))

On the NoteRandom module there is input port, but from menu it can't be assigned.

SoulState wrote:Found a bug?
When i try to rename modules, i can't write numbers. It doesn't accept it.
So for midi cc on constant i should write "Midi CC Ten", "Midi CC Nine", etc. ))
That was by design, cant remember why tbh, i'll check into tho.
On the NoteRandom module there is input port, but from menu it can't be assigned.
Yeah thats a bug!
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

EvilDragon wrote:So having a default name like "Controller Box", then have the module auto-rename depending on which controller is selected?
I did try that but i didn't really like it either. I do see the advantage, and maybe a general controller module as well as the basic ones might be an idea.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

resistent wrote:Thanks for this. BTW: Is there any time restriction within the beta version? will this version expire?
No time restriction, just keep hold of the installer cause i doubt I'll keep old betas on the website once I go comercial.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

sonigen wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:So having a default name like "Controller Box", then have the module auto-rename depending on which controller is selected?
I did try that but i didn't really like it either. I do see the advantage, and maybe a general controller module as well as the basic ones might be an idea.

Please! I can definitely see the flexibility of that module, especially if we can shape the controller curve like in Kontakt (that is a REALLY underrated feature) :)

Just tried this out this morning. This is an amazing modular so far! Really happy to see something like this finally. Looks similar to Nord Modular type GUI after playing around with it for an hour. Very light on CPU from what I've explored. Will be following closely now. Sounds great on my system. Nice that you put out beta for free to get us hooked. Haha. Read your FAQ on possible first release price and I think you'll sell like mad with that price. Be sure to give a good trial to hook people after first official release and you will get many buyers.

Do you happen to know yet what you will use for copy protection scheme? Please no iLok or eLicenser! Can we submit patches to you if we get a set? What are the requirements for patch submission? Demo on soundcloud first so you can listen? Many thanks!
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Either a plain serial number or maybe a challenge and response system. I personally don't like dongles or 3rd party licencing systems.

You're welcome to send patches to me if you would like them included in the main download. I dont know whether I'll keep them all in there when I get to V1.0 but for now i think it's a case of the more the merrier.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

I just sent you a zip with my first 5 patches I created to see what you think. I'll keep making patches for the fun of it, but if you like them, I'll happily send them as they come. Very inspiring modular!
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Since the licence is in demo mode at the moment, are there any limitations?
It's easy if you know how

lesha wrote:Since the licence is in demo mode at the moment, are there any limitations?
None.

regards,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Thank you.

I have one more question. I'm using Ableton Live which uses the PC keyboard as input for midi notes, unfortunately when Sonigen Modular window is active, I can't use it to preview presets faster, but have to switch back to Live and back again to the synth window.
Any possibility of working that out?

One more thing, when installed the "About" window says it's v0.9.220, not v0.9.222 as it should be.

lesha wrote:Thank you.

I have one more question. I'm using Ableton Live which uses the PC keyboard as input for midi notes, unfortunately when Sonigen Modular window is active, I can't use it to preview presets faster, but have to switch back to Live and back again to the synth window.
Any possibility of working that out?
You mean when Sonigen Modular window is active the keys you press aren't getting through to Live?
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

sonigen wrote:You mean when Sonigen Modular window is active the keys you press aren't getting through to Live?
Exactly.

Return to “Sonigen”