Zen

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ideally after finding the right preset a double click on it would not just open the plugins GUI, but create a new instrument track with just the corresponding plugin loaded. I know that's hardly ever possible, but the reason I'm suggesting this is my concerns with ZEN being a host within the host. That unfortunately takes a lot of the functionality away, that you usually get when you load just the plugin into an instrument track. For example automation.

Do you have any idea how that limitation could be eliminated?

Regarding automation, actually you don't lose anything by using Zen - midi automation is passed through to the vsti, so if it was supporting it in the first place, you still have it.

This said, I think I can circumvent the automation issue discussed in the betatesting thread - I just want the remaining stability issues ironed out before introducing a change at the core of the audio processing functions.

I agree with you regarding the workflow - ideally Zen should be integrated directly inside the host, (vs. hosted as a proxying plugin). I really hope that in its current form, it will pick up enough interest for the hosts developers to want to talk to me about this.

'Tick

It's not the MIDI Automation I'm worried about, but all the plugin parameters you can usually pick to automate. Those simply aren't available anymore - at least in Cubase.

Yeah but eventually I will change that - so that you see all the parameters from the plugin too. Actually you will be able to automate all the parameters from the plugin, as well as the 6 Zen controls.

and actually... this is exactly what is implemented in the new beta.

Yep, works great. Thanks :)

just a heads-up - Zen made its first chirp on OSX today ! :D

... and I have just put online a mini user-manual, it probably will be useful to you testers, or to anyone who wants to know more about how the thing works...

super like!
watching list.
"treat others as you would like to be treated."

ZEN requires Rhino 207 but I can only download Rhino 208!

Micha wrote:ZEN requires Rhino 207 but I can only download Rhino 208!
It doesn't *require* it, it is compatible with it. And actually it will be Rhino 209, becase it is still acting funny with Rhino. Try Zen with other synths: Ace, Zebra, Synth1, daHornet, ... all work great.'

'Tick

Not here! Message:

This version (1) of the plugin is not supported (needs version 207)
:?:

bump!

Newly zen'ified:
Foorius, SQ8L, LoganA, Triangle II, Scanned Synth Pro.

Any news on when Zen is going to be released?
Not sure the beta is still open...

Return to “Big Tick”