Zen

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Big Tick wrote:In any case, you can still tag it with your name now.

There isn't a "Mr Wobble" tag in the author tag list - if I create one for my presets, will it be shared or only visible to me?

Okay, my misunderstanding, I presumed that uploading automatically tags a patch with the uploader's name - but I guess it's not done this way to allow for uploading of other people's patches?
Yes, exactly.
There isn't a "Mr Wobble" tag in the author tag list - if I create one for my presets, will it be shared or only visible to me?
Hold on, I'll create a public tag for you.

Big Tick wrote: I'll create a public tag for you.
Yep, I sse it! Thanks.

...hmm, not sure that my designer key is working. I copy-pasted and entered the long key from my profile at the Big Tick site, but Zen doesn't seem to be letting me upload patches to the public database.

Yes I've changed keys in the last version - just get the new one from your profile.

got it! :)

Some bugs:

1. In Live 8.1.4 clicking on the preset name within Zen opens up the plugin's UI, but if I then click on something in Live's UI, the plugin UI doesn't remain on top - it disappears behind Live.

2. If I then try to close Zen without first closing the hidden plugin UI, Live freezes and I have to do a forced close.

3. When opened from within Zen, Zebra's UI is fixed to the top left hand corner of the screen and the upper blue bar and the close button are not visible.

I recently downloaded ZEN and so far I love it and especially the fact that it works with many freebie synths too. Thanks for that.

What I don't get though, is that it lists presets available for synths I never owned or even downloaded demos for, including Mono/Poly and Sylenth?
Why is that?? I'm always online when using the DAW, does it have anything to do with that?

K-bee,

You must have enabled these synths in the settings.

Big Tick wrote:K-bee,

You must have enabled these synths in the settings.
Maybe I misunderstood the setup then. I thought Zen automatically scanned the drive(s) for any available dll files and automatically matched them with what's available for Zen to read. Sort of like Novations automap does it.
What I do not get is how Zen can find presets and synths that aren't on my computer and even number the presets. I can Zen locate like 200 pads for, say, Sylenth when it's rather obvious that there isn't any since I do not have Sylenth?
Anyway it's not that it really matters that much - I know what synths I have and which ones will work with Zen. :wink:
It really is a good program and I find it odd that something like this haven't been around before.

Zen doesn't scan your drive for vsts, you need to specifically tell which one you want it to manage. These are listed in the settings. When you enable one of these (regardless of whether you have it on your drive, or not), it starts downloading presets for it.

So my guess is that you toggled them on in the settings. If you want, you can email your zen.s3db file to bigtick@bigtickaudio.com, and I'll confirm that.

Having Zen scan for vst is on my list of things to do too. However I find it nice that you can see how many presets there are, even for synths you don't have.

Big Tick wrote:When you enable one of these (regardless of whether you have it on your drive, or not), it starts downloading presets for it.
That explains it :wink: So I've actually downloaded presets for synth I don't have without knowing it, and that's why they appear. Well If I ever get synths I don't have I'm sure those presets will come in handy :lol:
Big Tick wrote:Having Zen scan for vst is on my list of things to do too.
That would be a truly awesome feature, and put Zen into my personal top 3 of must have plugins :D

This said, you still want to be able to activate/deactivate synths manually, because you might not want to see some of them.

In your case, just deactivate them and their presets won't show up any more.

Yes, I noticed that.
Thanks for clarifying the issue :-)

Return to “Big Tick”