Zen betatesting

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

asseca, just make sure you don't have a leftover zen.exe running in the background, or a host with zen.dll loaded.

One more thing:

You can add your own tags using the "+" buttons. These tags are only local, they are never published, typically they can be used for bookmarking presets or tagging them per project..

The "public" tags are all in the "category" list - as you will see they are multilevel but with no real parent/child relationship (e.g, any level2 tag can be applied, regardless of the level1 tags). In other words, if you have:
- a rhodes sounds tagged as "Piano" + "Electric"
- a strat sound tagged as "Guitar" + "Electric"

The level2 "electric" tag is actually the same tag for both sounds. Searching for "electric" will return both presets.

For the sake of consistency, I will be centralizing requests for new public tags.

'Tick

Big Tick wrote:asseca, just make sure you don't have a leftover zen.exe running in the background, or a host with zen.dll loaded.
Checked with Process Explorer no Zen stuff running ...
[edit]I have just restarted windows, now zen.exe seems to work, but at startup of zen.exe I get the messagebox "Error: The system cannot find the file specified"[/edit]

After tagging 5 to 10 presets in Synth 1, Zen.exe/Zen.dll crashes.

Can't run the standalone version as well. Even after a Windows restart it keeps crashing immediately.

Using it as a host inside Cubase 5.5 it doesn't play any sound other then Sylenth1's Arp 303 Saw although I legally own Sylenth1, Ace, Zebra and Firebird. It loads the VSTi GUI, but outputs no sound at all. I tried both methods on ZEN: on an Instrument track and loading it via the VSTi Rack. Any idea?

My setup:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, 4GB RAM
Cubase 5.5 32bit

Besides that ZEN looks really promising, but for the moment I can't test much...

Big Tick wrote:Yes, it sometimes does this, and this is something I need to fix - you need to kill it from the task manager.
I tried this, butwas not able to kill it, I needed to restart the system

bm3w: ok, is this that you don't see any presets other than Arp303Saw, or that you can't hear any sound ?

Regarding presets, indeed I have only published this one sylenth1 preset - I would do more if I wasn't stuck for the month in the middle of nowhere, with only a phone line connection. Bad timing...

This said, you can still import the sylenth1 presets into zen:

- enable autoimport: double-click the left arrow button, it will start flashing.
- import presets: in sylenth1, go through the presets, every time you select a new one it will appear in the Zen list.
- disable autoimport by double-clicking the left arrow again.

Once you have them all in Zen, you can start categorizing them, or even uploading them if you feel like it. To upload a preset, select it and hit the "up" arrow.

'Tick

oh and guys, please - can you email me your issues instead of posting them here ? not that I mind the world knowing that the program is still buggy, but even browsing kvr is excruciating slow for me.

ok. email sent. and for the curious: I can see other presets, but none for Zebra, ACE or FireBird make a sound.

Guys,

I have just uploaded a new beta - named 070710. It replaces the exe and dll from the beta you downloaded before (you don't want to reinstall the full package, since it would make you restart from a blank database).

This version should have improved stability (though I still have crashes with, ahem, Rhino mostly). UI refresh should also be less chaotic.

If you can, I will ask you to install tcpmon to keep an eye on the connections that Zen makes to the server. More than 50 simultaneous connections will get your IP backlisted from http://www.bigtickaudio.com ! It should never happen in normal use, but if there are cases where this happens, I want to find them !

Many thanks to all for your involvement. I know the software is still very young, but it's good to feel that others see the same potential than I did when I started it.

'Tick

What is Zen and how is it used?

Maybe I'm aleady blacklisted, cause I can't access your website anymore :-o

bM3w wrote:Maybe I'm aleady blacklisted, cause I can't access your website anymore :-o
Probably. I hate this hosting policy. Can you send me your IP ? I'll ask them to unblock you.

May thanks,
'Tick

Couple things.. Zen.exe crashes upon start, and a system restart does not make it work. It still crashes every time it attempts to start. Second, Zen.dll loads to a track in Ableton, but I don't find any way to import presets. I enable the synth (Ace for example) and I don't find any way to actually load the plug-in..

rlahalla wrote:Couple things.. Zen.exe crashes upon start, and a system restart does not make it work. It still crashes every time it attempts to start. Second, Zen.dll loads to a track in Ableton, but I don't find any way to import presets. I enable the synth (Ace for example) and I don't find any way to actually load the plug-in..
Rlahalla, just wait for Zen to download a few Ace presets- when you have them you can just double-click one to open the ACE window, and from there you can load your own presets and import them into Zen.

I am uploading patch 070810.zip now. It should fix the standalone startup crashes, and also be more conservative about connections usage, making it harder to lock yourself out of the server :(

'Tick

This new release won't even load in VSTHost. It just locks it up upon scan. I decided to test on my laptop to see if it would go there, but nope. Standalone still does not work. Loads into the processes, but nothing on screen. Laptop is Win7 32-bit and the desktop is WinXP SP2.

And your website is down.. I'm assuming you're probably dealing with a high volume of requests right now :)

Return to “Big Tick”