Zen betatesting

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

well, I finally got the Zen plug to work in VSTHost, but after enabling the plug-ins I have, it doesn't do anything else. No presets get loaded or anything..

Just try the latest exe. The top left, windows menu is used to set up the asio/directsound configuration.

A few more hidden (or not) options:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Big Tick\zen is where application files are stored. You will find here:
zen.log => the log file for debugging purposes.
zen.properties => a configuration files with a few more parameters than the ones you can access through zen. You can define the number of displayed items in the default list.

Shift-click on a tag will apply this tag to all the presets in the current search.
Shift-rightclick on a preset will delete it (if it is a local preset).

'Tick

Ok, things seem to be working slightly better now than before. I'll report back shortly.

I just uploaded version 070910. This one fixes a major bug in the plugin implementation, so hopefully a lot of the stability issues (and things like plugins not sounding in some hosts) should improve.

Big Tick wrote:I just uploaded version 070910. This one fixes a major bug in the plugin implementation, so hopefully a lot of the stability issues (and things like plugins not sounding in some hosts) should improve.
I'll be testing this out shortly, the previous one fixes loading the exe for me, but no sound, so this next one will hopefully square me away in that department..

It's insanely hot here right now, so my fingers are sticking to the keys of my laptop :x

Version 071010 is available - with more fixes, tooltips, fixes irresponsive buttons, display the number of available online presets in the synths list, ...

Because this version also updates the skin data, it is released with an installer - just install it over the previous installation, it won't erase your current database.

'Tick

Just a heads up, I can't connect to the website. You're displaying a PHP error there..

the latest build crashed here in my WIN7 64 bit
and I still can't kill it from the taskmanager

Yes my connection died on me in the middle of a site update yesterday, and was out until this morning. I'll never use T-mobile 3G again if I can avoid it !
I'm fixing it now.

rsmus7, I hope this is what caused your crash. If not, can you send me the contents of your zen/ folder (in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Big Tick) ?

'Tick

And... I just uploaded built 071110. This ones adds better multi-selection (with ctrl-click / shift click to select presets), making it easier to tag a bunch of presets with the same tag. It should also fix the problem with stuck downloads, so you should start seeing new presets arriving...

'Tick

New daily update (071210) is ready !
You can now drag/drop a bunch of fxp files inside the presets list to automatically import them.

I have also replaced the default skin by the one modified by Asseca - with smaller fonts and larger lists, for reduced scrolling around.

'Tick

it's getting better, but I still have frequent crashes ;-)

Sorry for the delay, we've been releasing a new product this weekend, but I'll be getting back to testing tonite.

rsmus7, can you try to disable some of the plugins, to see if any of them is responsible for the crashes ? Rhino definitely doesn't play so nicely with Zen, and will be updated to address these issues.

I am uploading the new daily update (071310):
- global online/offline button on the main page
- shift-click in a tag to search for presets that DON'T have this tag.
- right-click on one of the control sliders to enable "learn mode" - then move a control in the plugin to assign the control to this slider. Zen will remember the assignment for all the future presets of this plugin.

'Tick

I have uploaded a little RTF-help file, which is just a summary of all the info 'Tick has supplied in different posts ... ;)

Return to “Big Tick”