Zen betatesting

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Awesome ! now if only this could also fix rlahalla problems :)

Great work. Thank you. :)

Will Zen be able to import or export Cubase .vstpresets at some point? AFAIK these are basically just FXPs and FXBs with an attached XML file.

Benutzername wrote:Great work. Thank you. :)

Will Zen be able to import or export Cubase .vstpresets at some point? AFAIK these are basically just FXPs and FXBs with an attached XML file.
Well, yes, if the format is public. But if you already have the plugins in the vsti, it's just as fast to use autoimport.

Big Tick wrote:Awesome ! now if only this could also fix rlahalla problems :)
:?: The problem was the midi input in Zen. It displays my midi input twice, but choosing the 2nd one works fine with Ace. I'm going to try it out more with Gladiator, just gotta finish some pressing work stuff before I do.

in the latest build 072010 the standalone
doesn't bring up the vsti gui here when dubbleclicking the presets

it is working in the plugin tho

Yeah. Next update will fix it.
'Tick

072110 is online !
- added a category for the soundbanks
- added support for Kubik
- added the server-side code for recalling presets (something that I'm going to test with these corrupted Rhino presets that have been published)
- plus many other little fixes :)

Enjoy !
'Tick

and here is v072210...
- fixes a bug with the number of displayed presets when synths were disabled
- you can now disable (which means, put globally offline) any preset by shift- right clicking it. If the preset is a local one, it will be deleted. If it is a public one, it will be put offline. Eventually I will limit this function, so that you can only put your own presets offline.

PS. Offline presets are not displayed anywhere, so the only way to put them back online is to ask me :)

new version - 072310 !
- 2 new system tags, "mine (public)" and "mine (private)" to easily find the presets that belong to you
- I think / hope that I have finally fixed the nasty bug that caused corrupted presets to be uploaded. It was most noticeable with Rhino, but potentially with others too. Just don't use Rhino with Zen anyway, at least not until I have cleaned up the database.
- I have tested compatibility with OP-X and Mono/Fury - they both work great. I'll enable them too if there's an interest for it.

As usual, feature requests are welcome, either by mail or in the other thread.

'Tick

Catching up with the dates - here is v072810.
The most noticeable change should be the upload system - Zen now uses an upload queue, so upload should look and feel a little bit more responsive.

Apart from that, it's mostly internal changes, hopefully I killed more bugs than I added :)

'Tick

Another day, another set of fixes... 072910 is here, with more fixes to the internal threads management system... and I added some kind of bandwidth regulation system, where the server can tell the clients to slow down when it gets heavily loaded...

v073010 - added some internal hierarchy for tags - which enables to automatically hide soundbank tags when you disable a synth. Plus more bug fixes (like presets getting lost when uploading)...

'Tick

Win7 x64|Aurora 8|MIDISPORT 4x4
Cubase 4 x32 | Reaper x64
Absynth 5 | Zeta+

Standalone:
*Starts fine, db syncs, asks for dlls
*Double click any patch - crash

Reaper x64:
*Loads Zen plugin
*Reaper goes poof if I click a patch

Cubase 4:
*Loads Absynth and Zeta+
*MIDI light flashing on plugin
*no sound though, even if I click on the Absynth GUI keyboard
*MIDI indicator does not light on Absynth
*Cubase 4 poof on patch change
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Maybe Zen is not playing nicely with Absynth - I haven't tried it (I have a license but have only installed it on Mac, and I need to get the windows installer). Z3ta should work, though.

I understand the ordeal of host writers a little better now. It is so hard to make all the plugins out there work...

v080210 - more bug fixes !!!
'Tick

Return to “Big Tick”