Zen features requests

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You might want to let Synth1 author know then. I don't remember synth1 behaving like this in the past, so maybe this is something with the newer version.

Big Tick wrote:You might want to let Synth1 author know then. I don't remember synth1 behaving like this in the past, so maybe this is something with the newer version.
Unfortunately my Japanese is non-existent :) What I have just noticed is that there are SOME other patches that load with the correct name. These seem to be restricted the presets in the banks that I have configured within Synth1 - which explains why my preset names are showing up as well.

Your suggestion of an extra option to "Replace existing" presets is more or less what I'm looking for though, irrespective of whether Synth1 is being strange or not.

It would be nice to have an option to remove synth data permanently without dealing with sqlite manually. There was a problem when synth presets have appeared in the list but they were not downloaded

Big Tick wrote:Hi,

- then, it would simply be a matter of adding a 3rd option in the prompt: "replace existing".

'Tick
+1 to that!!

[originally mis-categorized: repost]

Apologies if I've written this request here or elsewhere before.

Zen has such a nice compact footprint, and aims to stay that way from all accounts. But one thing I don't understand:

Why more results per page than are visible in the results list? This means a scrollbar that would be unnecessary if there were only slightly fewer results per page...

And more importantly, when searching through multiple pages for a result, or just looking at all the results in for a search, I'm constantly scrolling up and down for every page. And if I forget to scroll either up or down, I miss something.

Why not just show 22 results per page instead of 30? it's a fixed size interface anyway, right?

Then you could even use the scrollbar to scroll through the bank list (which is currently a pain if you don't have a scrollwheel on your mouse...)

cheers,
-eric

You can change the number of displayed entries in the zen.properties file.

excellent....

Thanks!
=e

well, I edited the properties file. Pretty easy--just changed 20 to 14. But now zen won't start up. I tried trashing the properties file, and zen still won't start. I tried re-updating my installation and that fails, forcing a rollback of the install....

What should I do now?

thanks,
-eric

Hmmm, is there anything in your zen.log file ?

It appears that nothing has been written to the log since 2011 ???

Okay, I remembered I moved my zen folder to allow for dual booting (which I've stopped using, so I forgot)

I tried renaming the log file to start a new one, and discovered I had 6 instances of zen 1.6.2 still running. I closed them all and zen loads now.

This seems to be a side-effect of my crashing problem under MAX, which I didn't isolate to zen until later. See my post in the bugreport thread.

So I have 14 items now, and no scrollbar.

-e

Very good thing this Zen! 8)
I want to know, please, how to rename a VSTi in the plugin column. I imported CZynthia dll file but it is showed as "[Synth]". I want to Zen shows it as "CZynthia", in the alphabetical order.

Thank you in advance for your answer and have a nice day! :)

Just double-click the '[Synth]" tag to edit it.

Big Tick wrote:Just double-click the '[Synth]" tag to edit it.

I tried this but when I double-click the "[Synth]" tag, I get this :

Then I double-click again the "[Synth]" tag, I return to the first screenshot!

So I don't know what's happening and how can I rename the plugin... :help:

You will need to expand the list of plugins first, using the top left triangle - otherwise it gets hidden from the list as you click twice. See this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWyvu4qvhtA

Big Tick wrote:You will need to expand the list of plugins first, using the top left triangle - otherwise it gets hidden from the list as you click twice. See this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWyvu4qvhtA
Ah OK, I didn't see this in the get started or FAQ section. I will try tomorrow. :)

Return to “Big Tick”