New skins for Rhino

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Links aren't working :-( Am I too late?
Logic Studio 9 | Alchemy | Zebra | Komplete 8 | Gladiator | Phoscyon | Discovery | KLCDE | Oxygen49 | Saffire LE | HS80M | Yamaha DX7

any way to get these skins ???? :)

The red one in particular has my interest.

willit wrote:Links aren't working :-( Am I too late?
Is there any way to download these skins ?

Thank you very much ! :)

did you try a PM to the author ?

Big Tick wrote:did you try a PM to the author ?
Good idea ! :idea:
Just sent. :wink:

I tried that a while back with no luck.

These look good, shame not available at the mo'.

Prompted me to have a look at the skinning system; stumbled at the first hurdle... :oops:

Thought I'd try and lighten the main panels up; obviously changing the bmps in Pages is easy enough but I can't seem to alter the Font bmps (Arial08ptBold.bmp etc) without all text getting corrupted. I guess I'm losing the information that defines how the letters are split up somehow. Maybe because I'm converting the colour depth to access colours outside the palette then reducing again? Any pointers on what I should be doing?

Thanks.

The first line of the font bitmap is used to define the start/end of the letters. I guess you garbled it when changing colors. Just paste the first 1-pixel line of the original back onto your font bitmap, and you should be ok.

That was quick, talk about support. :)

Ok, that worked, so I guess the delimiters have to black and... 'rhino' blue :) or is that definable? (couldn't see anything in the skin.ini)

Thanks.

It just looks at the color in the top left corner. Then any other color than this one is used as a separator.

Also note, this is only used on PC. On Mac, the first line is ignored entirely, and the individual characters sizes are hardcoded in the binary. The reason is, I couldn't find any way to access the bitmap individual pixels color with the OSX API. Surprising, I know, but true.

Thanks.

Out of curiosity, are there any alternative skins floating around for Rhino?

Sorry for the slow response! I haven't had a chance to work with music for a while, so I've missed your messages.. :b Really itching to make some music (and maybe some new skins) now that I've a little more time. There's my Rhino skins again:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0k9jcx40aj6kn ... wuufjge652

Feel free to host them somewhere else if you like!

machineKomplex wrote:Sorry for the slow response! I haven't had a chance to work with music for a while, so I've missed your messages.. :b Really itching to make some music (and maybe some new skins) now that I've a little more time. There's my Rhino skins again:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0k9jcx40aj6kn ... wuufjge652

Feel free to host them somewhere else if you like!
Thank you! :)

Return to “Big Tick”