The wait is over - Rhino 2.11 is here.

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...with the nasty distortion bug finally fixed. Enjoy !
Sorry it took me so long, things have been hectic with the MPC release.

About the update:
  • It fixes minor bugs and more importantly, the horrible distortion feedback with many presets
  • The standalone is gone. Yep. RIP. If you need a standalone, use savihost or wait for my upcoming, generic mini standalone host.
  • The windows installer includes both 32 and 64 bits version.
  • The installer will overwrite your data folder. You might want to save it first, especially if you have the audiomidi edition. This folder is:
    • on Windows XP, C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Big Tick\Rhino
    • On Vista and Win7, C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Big Tick\Rhino
    • On OSX, ~/Library/Application Support/BigTick/Rhino
    So if you want to keep your existing data folder, the best way to update is to:
    • rename this folder to Rhino.tmp
    • run the generic installer
    • remove the Rhino folder created by the installer
    • rename your Rhino.tmp folder back to Rhino
'Tick
Last edited by Big Tick on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:wheee: :party: :wheee: :hyper:

however
windows XP wrote:Internal error:Cannot expand "pf64" constant on this version of Windows.
:cry:

huh. So it won't install at all on xp ?

Same problem on Vista, when launching the installer.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

ok, hold on while I reupload the installer...

Big favorite synth o' mine in days gone by, with the excellent Daniel Maurer preset libraries. For the dimbulbs among us -- like me -- what is it I am or am not saving in the data folder when I upgrade?

fn<x>
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

Just save the whole folder. Or if you're on PC, wait a few minutes for the new installer, that will give you the option of installing the dll and preserving your data folder.

This is great news as this used to happen quite a bit with Rhino CM for me - Will the CM version be updated too?

Oh yes, will update soon! Thanks! :tu:

:D :wheee: :party:
"It dreamed itself along"

do_androids_dream wrote:This is great news as this used to happen quite a bit with Rhino CM for me - Will the CM version be updated too?
Sure thing !

I thought 2.10 sorted out the distortion/reso bug? What else is new here?
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

Big Tick wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:This is great news as this used to happen quite a bit with Rhino CM for me - Will the CM version be updated too?
Sure thing !
awesome stuff! :D

Okay, so I saved my extensive paid for presets collection, and installed 2.11.

First, it's now unregistered, and I don't see how I'm supposed to register it?

Second, the presets aren't accessible. The info panel tells me that the factory presets are located at: C;\Users\{my name}\AppData\Roaming\BigTick\Rhino.

> but there's no such folder visible on my machine. I don't even have any 'AppData\Roaming' directory.

Previously, my presets lived in a quite different folder, inside VstPlugins\Rhino.

How do I sort this out? Registration, and file location?

Update: I'm looking at the manual from the Big Tick site, but I'm still not quite getting it ....

fn<x>
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

Return to “Big Tick”