Never say never...

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Big Tick wrote:
btw., download via firefox doesn't work here.
Try right-click and 'save as' ?
thanks! i was just irritated, because it said 'txt' file. eventually i got the dmg (dl on a windows machine) via right click. :) :tu:
"It dreamed itself along"

Big Tick wrote:
DarkStar wrote:
Big Tick wrote:Also, if you use the audiomidi edition of Rhino, make sure you backup your rhino.db file before updating. The audiomidi orange skin needs a separate update, that I will upload soon.
Any ETA?
It's up now. You can download it from here when logged in to your account.
Got it, thank you. And I remembered to back-up my rhino.db file and restore it after the update, overwriting the smaller installed db file. ;)
Last edited by DarkStar on Tue May 14, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Nice update. Any chance of getting midi note out data from Rhino's step sequencer so that we can drive other synths simultaneously? One can do this already with KV331's Synthmaster (one can even import midi sequences into Synthmaster for this purpose) and it makes a huge difference in terms of integrating software and hardware synths.

This could indeed be nice. Do you mind adding this as a feature request on http://bigtick.uservoice.com ?

:shock:

I've made a backup of the Rhino.db (as you've recommended) and de-installed the old version. Then I installed the new version and copied the old Rhino.db to it (in the hope that in the databank file there would be the Audiomidi soundbanks)...

But now all my soundbanks from the Audiomidi edition are gone, I only have the factory bank! :cry: How can I get them all again?? :?:

You also need to copy the presets/ and waves/ folders from your audiomidi install.
You can also redownload the audiomidi banks from your profile on the web site.

Somehow I missed this first time around. Awesome. Thank you! This was my first soft synth and still one of my favorites. :tu:

Is it just me or the new version is louder?

Zombie Queen wrote:Is it just me or the new version is louder?
Maybe it's because the Rhino is older and bigger now? :hihi:

(Seriously, I have deleted the previous version so I cannot compare both...)

I loaded up a song which I knew pretty good, as I've spent lots of time mixing it up and rhino path was considerably louder on the same settings, louder and brighter. Sorry, I didn't want to sound negative. I love the synth.

Ah, yes, I think I changed the default volume at install time because many users complained it was too quiet. You can set it back to the way it was in earlier versions by setting the default gain parameter to 0.25, as explained here.

I will try it out. Thanks. But should this affect already saved projects? I imagined all parameters should have been saved within the project.

This is not a parameter, this is a global gain that is applied to Rhino output. It affects all projects, past and future.

Return to “Big Tick”