Zen 1.7 update

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LGK_Dude wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
LGK_Dude wrote:Oh no!! I just realized that this only runs as a VST in your host, and I use Logic pro (AU)! :( Actually oddly enough I tried running Vienna Ensemble Pro which IS a VST host, and Zen didn't show up in there either. :(

Does this mean us Logic users are out of luck? I was REALLY looking forward to this tagging/rating system as I feel its a GREAT idea!!
No there is an AU too - so it also works as a VST to AU wrapper.
Thanks for the info! So people have had success running a VST to AU wrapper in Logic? If so which one do you recommend?
I'm saying Zen can function as a wrapper. It is an AU and loads VST's in Logic.

aMUSEd wrote:
LGK_Dude wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
LGK_Dude wrote:Oh no!! I just realized that this only runs as a VST in your host, and I use Logic pro (AU)! :( Actually oddly enough I tried running Vienna Ensemble Pro which IS a VST host, and Zen didn't show up in there either. :(

Does this mean us Logic users are out of luck? I was REALLY looking forward to this tagging/rating system as I feel its a GREAT idea!!
Thanks for the info! So people have had success running a VST to AU wrapper in Logic? If so which one do you recommend?
AHHHHH!!! So I should be seeing it in my instruments list in logic then, right? Unfortunately right now I do not. I've double checked and I do have the zen.component in my components folder. Weird its not showing up in logic though.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Do you see it in Logic's audiounits manager ?

Searched for "Zen" in my Logic audio units manager (both booting in 32 & 64-bit) and nothing comes up. Looked in my audio -> plugins -> components folder and see the Zen.component

I've installed TONS of plugins and never had this problem before. Odd... Zen stand alone seems to be working correctly though. If it helps I'm running Logic 9.1.8 on OS 10.8.3 on my 2012 macbook pro.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

hmmm ok let me look into it. I hardly ever use Logic so maybe the AU version went bad, in which case I'll fix it for up-and-coming 1.7.1 update.

LGK_Dude wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
LGK_Dude wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:

AHHHHH!!! So I should be seeing it in my instruments list in logic then, right? Unfortunately right now I do not. I've double checked and I do have the zen.component in my components folder. Weird its not showing up in logic though.
You're right, it's not showing. I could have sworn that it was, maybe the last update broke something? The component is installed but not showing as an AU in any of my hosts. I've been using the VST and standalone so hadn't noticed when this happened.

Big Tick wrote:hmmm ok let me look into it. I hardly ever use Logic so maybe the AU version went bad, in which case I'll fix it for up-and-coming 1.7.1 update.
Looks like that has happened.

Good to know I wasn't going nuts, lol! Hopefully 7.1 will be released sooner than later as I really do look forward to trying this system in Logic.

P.s. Is there anyway to adjust the size of Zen? Though I'm only using stand alone right now, I would love to have the choice of resizing it but it doesn't seem to be possible?

Yes 1.7.1 will be out soon, I'm currently testing it. It also fixes some of the nasty loud noises when switching presets.

Making it resizable is another entry for http://bigtick.uservoice.com

yesterday i download new Zen and trying download presets for some my synths and manipulate presets, banks, tags, etc, but the work did not happened - Zen all time is cut down, like this

after 10 min working in "on-line" mode Zen devours all comp memory, look at screenshot

and my comp stop working until i close zen :o

Attention! Badly needed Panic!!! button
Music - is my life

Return to “Big Tick”