Stand Alone in Rhino 2.12

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I found where stand alone was for Rhino 2.12 but I cannot figure what to click to configure my audio and midi? I clicked the top and I left part but I don't have a configure option. Please help.

There should be a 'settings' icon in the top right corner of the UI.

No I don't have that. Maybe I didn't open up the stand a lone version? Where is the stand alone supposed to be installed?

Is there a hotkey button that I can use to bring up the settings?

Rhytenow wrote:No I don't have that. Maybe I didn't open up the stand a lone version? Where is the stand alone supposed to be installed?
but you have only vst and stande-alone so if you dont open your daw and load it as plugin it can only be the stand-alone.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Thanks. Still don't have the settings button though.

dont know. i have the settings exactly where the dev show it in the pic above too.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I have 2.09 standalone and don't have the settings button myself. What you can do is right-clicking the top bar (where it reads "Rhino 2.0x") and choose "Config". That does it for me, configwise. Rhino didn't play a sound, though, but that would be another matter, I assume. Will now install 2.12, anyway... ;)

Update: Did it. There's no standalone version anymore. Where the heck did I get that from? And where did you get 2.12 standalone?

2.12 standalone should get installed in your vst folder, right next to the rhino dll. It looks like you have the 2.12 plugin, but somehow, an older version of the standalone... And of course, these settings are only useful for the standalone version - in a plugin, you would use your DAW's settings.

I have an older version of Rhino installed via jbridge in the same folder. That may be the problem.

Well you can get rid of that jbridge stuff now - Rhino comes in both 32 and 64 bits flavors.

Yeah, standalone was indeed installed into the vst folder, didn't just expect it to be there, since the older version added a start menu folder with rhino and a remove entry option as well, and 2.12 did not, so... ;)

just tried 2.12 standalone, and the settings button is there now, but the option to configure via the top bar config entry has gone.

rhino does output sound now, when I change the audio device type to asio, but the settings window has a fixed size and I don't have access to all options now (midi output is only halfway visible...)

Return to “Big Tick”