Zen database shared folder Win8 pro 64bit

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I have been trying for hours now to try and get the database working from a shared folder.

Tried using shortcut in the zen <user> folder. Didnt work. Then I discovered the properties file. BTW there is no details about this anywhere I could find.

So in the properties file I defined zen.homePath to a shared folder location. But it seemed to need a copy of everything in both locations (original <user> folder and new) before it would start working locally.

As far as getting another install on my VEPro pc to point to the same database - no matter what I did it just wouldnt even start the plugin once I defined the path in properties file on that pc.

Please post comprehensive instructions for multiple machines in windows8 pro 64bit pointing to the same database.

My config has only 1 online machine which has zen 1.7.1 with a alternate shared location set for database. This machine has mostly 32bit plugins thus zen points to the 32bit folder.

win8 pro 64bit on all machines but running 32bit zen 1.7.1 pointing to 32bit vst folder.

also interested to know if I can run a 64bit zen on another machine pointing to its own 64bit vst folder with the shared database still on my online pc and just manuallly activating those 64bit plugins on the online machine.

thanks

How are your 64bits machines connected to the online one ? LAN ?

Return to “Big Tick”