Synth 1 Mac and Zen

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Don't know why but the Mac VST version of Synth 1 doesn't seem able to download Zen presets that I presume were uploaded using the Windows version.

Simply because Synth1 Mac has a different synth ID than Synth1 PC. That's a major oversight from Ichiro, if you ask me.

I seem to remember there's a method of hacking a vst ID

A very convoluted method yes, involving editing the sqlite database. Not recommended really. I just wish this was fixed in a Synth1 update, because as it is, it is not only with Zen - if you export a synth1 fxp in Live on PC, you can't load it back in Live on Mac.

Sucky! Unfortunately he seems to be hard to contact.

btw the method - I remember now - involves finding out the ID the plugin is using, finding out the ID you want it to have, opening the dll in a HEX editor and doing a search replace for the ID string - not too convoluted but I'm not sure if I could accomplish it on Mac (no dll) but I did use it on Win a couple of times to resolve ID conflicts.

Actually I think I can do it - if I open package contents to see inside the VST there are two files that look like one of them contains the ID info - one is the VST binary (which I guess should be openable in a HEX editor), the other is a plist file which I can open and edit more easily in X-Code. The plist contains several number strings but I need to know which one is the ID string (if any) and what to change it to (what the ID string is on Windows)

Most probably the ID is also inside the Mac binary.
I have a million changes ongoing in Zen, among which, the ability to have several plugin IDs for a single plugin. This would solve the synth1 issue. I can't commit on a date though, as the Trigger Finger Pro versions are also keeping me quite busy.

Oh I see - just took a look at the Arsenal manual - so Arsenal is Zen (expanded)!

Yes, it's Zen with a ton of bug fixes, a better UI, a lot more features for parameter controls, a dedicated interface to the HW. It doesn't have the cloud part of Zen though.

Return to “Big Tick”