Rhino 2.15 update available

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Brando wrote:
pwal wrote:
Brando wrote: I get an instant crash (x64) (SONAR and my audio interface (Presonus 1818vsl) hangs and I have to force a restart) in SONAR Platinum (Gloucester build) when I load up "Azul Vol.1 Loops, Collenius Rhythm"
this patch is ok here in studio one v3 (x64)
So - any other presets problematic in Studio One? See the other posts in this thread for potential candidates.
Thanks
Rezzz seq is also OK here; aMUSEd's preset issues were pilot error... any others to try?

ok i just clicked through all the presets in Azul Vol.1 Loops while looping a single bar in an empty project, no issues... this is on win10 using asio4all on the onboard realtek, studio one 3.0.2, all x64
hth

Thanks Paul. Sorry for the delay in replying. Sonar is definitely a contributor to the issue. Fixes to sonar's vst handling over recent updates have made stability better but not perfect with some VSTi's - rhino is a problem for one (but not just with Sonar, as per some posts here).
Not prepared to give up Sonar at this point, but sure would like to be able to run Rhino reliably.

Just tried the preset "Fdback Gtr" (sorry if this is misspelled - no more Rhino for me unless this gets fixed) in "Bread and Butter" and SONAR instantly white-screened. I didn't even play a note. I had played around with several sounds from the same soundset which all played fine - lovely in fact. Loaded the preset in question and boom.
The ONLY crashes I have ever had in SONAR Platinum have been those involving Rhino.
Still hoping to hear back that there might be a common ingredient among the problem sounds that could be tweaked to avoid the crash. Again - I understand this may be as much (or more?) a host issue as it is a vsti issue. But unless I am grossly mistaken, I don't believe SONAR is the only DAW that has problems with crashes - also affected OSx - and it SEEMS to be an issue with certain presets.

i don't have "Bread and Butter" so can;t test it, sorry :-/
i should add that i was using rhino's own preset browser to change presets, rather than the host's
good luck!

pwal wrote:i don't have "Bread and Butter" so can;t test it, sorry :-/
No worries - thanks!
pwal wrote: i should add that i was using rhino's own preset browser to change presets, rather than the host's
Yes I was too - thanks for pointing that out.
pwal wrote: good luck!
Thanks Paul

So, I'm still getting the issue where in FL studio Rhino 2.15 x64 always reverts to the first preset no matter what when I open an .flp. I'm using the latest version of FL.

Is there something in a configuration file or registry entry I can manually update to fix this? I'm comfortable with code as I do a decent amount of embedded system stuff in C. And yes I've confirmed that it is showing as properly registered to me.
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"

Can you send me a flp with just Rhino, showing the problem ?

Actually, I think I just figured out what the problem is. Once I select a patch from the library editor I have to right-click on it under the "current program" box (while selecting the very first patch listed in the "bank" field) and then select "Write". This is really funky to need to do that but I guess it at least permits a song to now retain the patch I want.

Is there a way to get whatever preset I double-click to be the one that gets saved instead of having to write it manually to the first entry in the bank area?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sssme0l79u56x ... t.flp?dl=0

That's the test .flp file. In that file I had the "Acoustic Morph" patch selected on the second instance of Rhino (the one bussed to mixer channel 3) and showing in the "current program" area. However, upon saving, closing, and re-opening the .flp it still defaults to the first entry in the selected bank ("Harp Strings"), so that's the part that seems weird.

I suspect it's FL that's (wrongly) setting Rhino to its 1st program after loading a saved project.

Rhino 2.15 crashes and takes out the host for me when I click the Main Level slider or the top left user slider. The other sliders seem to be fine, and it doesn't appear to matter what preset is selected. This is on a 2012 MacBook Pro running the latest Sierra. Happens with stand-alone, AU and VST, all hosts I've tried (Logic Pro X, Live 9.7.2, Waveform). Any chance of this getting fixed?

Thanks

Brad

Did you try to reinstall ? please email me a crash log. You never installed a cracked version, even a long time ago, right ?

I deleted both the AU and VST plugins and re-installed and get the same result. No cracked version installed. Crash log sent.

Thanks

Brad

Got your crash log. It's definitely strange.

Return to “Big Tick”