rhino: How to update database when adding presets banks?

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have rhino 2.15 and many presets banks installed on Mac OS X Snow Leo, including 16 official banks downloaded from my profile on bigtickaudio.com.

I can access all the banks and presets from rhino (bank tab); however they are not registered in the library (where presets are sorted by categories). Number of presets shown in the database is only 1082 (? tab), that is only the default bank is included.

I have moved the Big Tick folder from ~/Library/Application Support/BigTick to /Library/Application Support/BigTick before applying the update.

What should I do to update the database?

Thanks

- Right-click in the database and select 'New category'.
- Right-click the newly created category and select 'Rename', rename the category. Name it after the 3rd party bank you want to import, for example 'Azul'.
- Click your new category to go into it.
- Drag the fxb file into the database.

Thanks!

Will the newly imported presets automatically move to the correct instrument category, where about half of them were before the update? (the other half were inside the "Untagged" category)

Also, I don't remember having to do that the first time I installed these banks.

They should move to the right category assuming the original preset designers assigned a category in the first place. Unfortunately, in many cases they did not, so they will show as untagged.

At some point I guess I should update the library to use the much better Zen engine.

Big Tick wrote: At some point I guess I should update the library to use the much better Zen engine.
Hmmm yes, good idea :D
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Return to “Big Tick”