Future of Zen?

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi- I was wondering if you plan on continuing development of Zen. I think it was in the top 1% of all software ideas I had ever come across. It's been many years now and wondering what is happening with the idea. I saw that you posted a year or two ago about you working on the AKAI Advance, which is a somewhat related project. Any news for us Zen fans?

Tim Henderson
The Music & Recording Toolbox

It's been pretty much superseded by Advance / VIP, which is way better than Zen in so many ways.
I would love to release a Zen 2.0, but I would need 48hrs days... I don't want to say this will never happen, but it's not very likely.

The Zen database library, on the other hand, is rock solid and this is something I would love to see integrated in other products.

In that case we need either a controller only or software version of VIP please.

aMUSEd wrote:In that case we need either a controller only or software version of VIP please.
VIP is already Software for AKAI Advance Keyboards its on version 2 now and ships only with AKAI Advance Keyboards unfortunately .

http://www.akaipro.com/microsites/advance/#vip

AKAI adopted the Zen technique from BigTick about preset management from Plugins

but i think you know that

aMUSEd wrote:In that case we need either a controller only or software version of VIP please.
Keep bugging Akai about it.

as you are here now Big Tick , i have a small question , i know i could get the hard support way to AKAI :

is it possible or are there any commands to change the program data folder (presets , vip maps) to another HDD location ?

i ask because if you are make presets for your Kontakt Librarys and Synths the space becomes to big many serveral GB (+10 GB) , not that good for myselves because of the Main SSD space , if you know what i mean with this Question .

sorry to bother you

The easiest, and 100% working way, is use a symbolic link.

oohh thank you for the fast response , i will try that definetly

Big Tick wrote:The easiest, and 100% working way, is use a symbolic link.
tried that , made an shortcut to the preset Folder within the Program Data / Vip folder but it does not work for me unfortunately , it ends with this error

ZenPresetStorage::storePreset: fopen failed for C:\ProgramData\vip\\presets\1.fxp

It has to be a real symbolic link, not a shortcut. The DOS command is mklink (or you can use the Link Shell Extension to create it from explorer).

I assume a unix-level symlink (In -s) is also needed in OSX, or will it follow an alias?
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Yes ln -s will work perfectly on OSX

Whoa, thanks aMUSEd & BigTick!
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

thank you again Big Tick for the fast response your time and help . also thanks for the Link Shell Extension .

works fine now this way

Return to “Big Tick”