Fender copy hex guitars

...and how to do so...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,
OK, I tried the shims as suggested, and now the action is very good. I am happy to leave it where it is.
I was right in the direction I was tilting the neck. It doesn't defy logic. The shim is pretty much flat, so it will be easy to make a nice one out of maple coloured wood.
I have learnt a bit from setting this up, will be more confident next time.
It's playing good, a few tweaks here and there, and getting it better all the time. I need to replace the magnets that sit on top of the ceramic with smaller ones, so mitigating the bleed a touch.
Ur welcome Dean, I don't recommend the Roland units though. Honestly, for a similar price, I would go with what I am doing here, or save for a Ztar. By all means try it, but the delay becomes annoying.
Are you on Windows?
Cheers!{back to playing 2SYN<yay!>}

Good to hear it works now !
Btw, we had a temperature drop of 15 degrees last night, now most of my necks could do with a relief adjustment. Happens every spring and fall here ...
Of course you don't need to react on a daily basis, the trick is to guess the right time ...
Ymmv,
susiwong

susiwong wrote:Good to hear it works now !
Btw, we had a temperature drop of 15 degrees last night, now most of my necks could do with a relief adjustment. Happens every spring and fall here ...
Of course you don't need to react on a daily basis, the trick is to guess the right time ...
Ymmv,
susiwong
Warmoth necks with the Double Expanding Truss Rod do not have that problem, in fact I have never adjusted the truss rods my two necks and niether have headstock access for the rod adjustment. ;)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:armoth necks with the Double Expanding Truss Rod do not have that problem, in fact I have never adjusted the truss rods my two necks and niether have headstock access for the rod adjustment. ;)
Depends on the wood, too.
My two beautiful and warm sounding Warmoth birdseye necks are very sensitive to weather, unfortunately.
Guess that's two sides of the same coin - birdseye tends to be less hard than plain maple. Don't know what trussrod they have, body side adjustment. :shrug:
The location is a factor, too - my current house is like a tent. :-o
The new one has decent windows and proper thermo insulation, that should reduce these side FX a lot, hopefully.
Ymmv,,
susiwong

Yes i am on windows, I doubt i will buy any of the roland stuff, Im skint anyway but even if i had the cash i doubt it. I am just going to try one of these things:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-udcCGclriQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvRe24a4A1E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_wGIbgQ0hE

Sans all the facial 'expressions', I play without that sort of 'emotion' gurning :hihi: I just and always have played straight faced (If that makes sense) and even talk whilst doing so. However i can not growl/scream and play at the same time very well (if at all) :oops: Thats some dark art that i don't do

Cheers dude

Dean

PS: not as much cheese as those demos either as i am intrested in more drone/odd stuff that sounding like a feckin' trumpet player on crack or any of that theme from shaft expresssion pedal meh :roll:

susiwong wrote:
Hink wrote:armoth necks with the Double Expanding Truss Rod do not have that problem, in fact I have never adjusted the truss rods my two necks and niether have headstock access for the rod adjustment. ;)
Depends on the wood, too.
My two beautiful and warm sounding Warmoth birdseye necks are very sensitive to weather, unfortunately.
Guess that's two sides of the same coin - birdseye tends to be less hard than plain maple. Don't know what trussrod they have, body side adjustment. :shrug:
The location is a factor, too - my current house is like a tent. :-o
The new one has decent windows and proper thermo insulation, that should reduce these side FX a lot, hopefully.
Ymmv,,
susiwong
my strat is birdseye with a rosewood finger board (standard thin) and it's fine...but then again the guitar has left my house only one time in 10 years and that was when I moved. When I moved the guitars I did it two at a time, they were they last things in the car and the first out because it was very hot...the car and both houses had AC and were cool...so it's quite possibly why my necks do not suffer temp changes and humdity....but as for pressure changes? :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Ah men and truss rods. These play awesome but don't think you'd go for it susi and neither you Hink. @07:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JvqiXRGjKk
It plays as well as he says it does :D

Cool Dean,
I will watch the vids, as I am very curious of that unit.
Nice to know our systems are compatible. If I come up with any soft that I think you'd like I will let you know.
OK,
So soon I will be able to offer this as a synth guitar solution for $1200 Aus., that will include everything except a Windows computer. A laptop would be best for getting on the move. This is the price breakdown-

Squier strat(one piece body)-270
PreSonus FireStudio Project -400
Ubertar pickup/breakout box -205
7-pin MIDI lead - 50
2SYN software -100
install pickup -100
6 1/4"trs patch leads - 80
_______
$1205 Aus.
_______
-without soundcard & guitar:
<you will have to fit the pickup yourself>
_______
$435 Aus.
_______

More demos soon!
8D
PS-Each piece of software will be sent as CD and available to download.
Each system will be assembled and the software will tuned to the particular guitar, which will also be dialled in.
Last edited by nix808 on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:Ah men and truss rods. These play awesome but don't think you'd go for it susi and neither you Hink.
It plays as well as he says it does :D
Nice guitar !
If I needed a modern guitar I'd take a US/MIJ Jackson/Charvel over an Ibanez any day, sorry hibidy ! :hihi:
I definitely prefer fatter necks, 58 LP style or similar, though I can adapt to almost anything except those tiny Ibanez necks and those narrow early 70s Fenders. :shrug:
Ymmv,
susiwong

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:Yes i am on windows, I doubt i will buy any of the roland stuff, Im skint anyway but even if i had the cash i doubt it. I am just going to try one of these things:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-udcCGclriQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvRe24a4A1E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_wGIbgQ0hE

Sans all the facial 'expressions', I play without that sort of 'emotion' gurning :hihi: I just and always have played straight faced (If that makes sense) and even talk whilst doing so. However i can not growl/scream and play at the same time very well (if at all) :oops: Thats some dark art that i don't do

Cheers dude

Dean

PS: not as much cheese as those demos either as i am intrested in more drone/odd stuff that sounding like a feckin' trumpet player on crack or any of that theme from shaft expresssion pedal meh :roll:
If you don't care about poliphony you might want to check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kknfLNLYlZQ

Mine should arrive on Monday. I'll let you know how it works.

The GR-55 looks like the bomb Dean.
Both sound-wise and build quality.
It is the same price as my system.
I will probably get one in future, as I have the GK3 already.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention,
I take back not recommending Roland until I have played one of these.
The build is so much better than GR-20,
which looks like {bleeep} and cheap for an expensive piece.
Cheers :)
I will watch the sonuus vid feda, ty

Wow,
The Sonuus is lightning and sounds great(clean).
Hope u love it Feda!

Did it arrive Feda?
:)
Maybe u r busy playing it!

Yeah, it came. Tracking is great and very fast. It gets confused a bit when you start playing really fast but overall I'm very happy with it so far.
You definitely have to play very clean. It will throw in some high notes here and there when it picks up a harmonic but my playing is far from clean atm.

I can really recommend this to anyone who wants to play around with controlling soft synths with their guitar.

I'm looking forward to them making a polyphonic version. It's so small they could easily integrate it into any guitar and just put a USB port on it.
[/code]

Here are pictures of the thing.
I will up some audio demos in the next couple of days.

Have learnt a couple of tricks to get better tracking.

So what it seems now is I won't get into MIDI that much, coz I can use a proprietary synth that performs much better.

So the delay is 1/88th on low E to hit the note, as this is the cycle length. It is percievably instant, all guitar techniques string,bends,hammers,tremelo,velocity) are available.

Sorry for the blurry shots, I didn't realize the lens needed cleaning and light wasn't the best.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”