Pics of my new bass

...and how to do so...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nix808 wrote:You need a Badass Bass bridge fella,
such a cool branding.
It will be sweet, can haz audio of it when finished?
Law of supply and demand sure sux

Found a Bad Ass, but had to pay extra.

Scps
Bunch O Stuff

3 coats of oil total
2 of them were vintage amber.

I could finish this now, But I am going to put more tint on. 3 more maybe, and try to get it to glow.

Bunch O Stuff

that table would look nice cut up and used for a grate on the front of a tube head :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Update

Cut, shaped, and polished the control cavity cover.
Fitting that after I'm near done shaping it, a crack appears.

Last nite, I put a coat of oil on the neck, and forgot to buff it out. So I sanded it down, and I'll be putting on a few more coats. I was going to try to completely assemble this some time this weekend, but now it looks like it might be a little later than that.

Bunch O Stuff

nix808 wrote:You need a Badass Bass bridge fella,
Done with the Bad Ass!
I didn't expect to get this far today
I seriously want to use the neck "As Is" cuz I really want to play this sucker

Bunch O Stuff

Update

Here's a view of the electronics
It's the EMG BQC system, which is adjustable 4 way active boost on all frequencies, and active blend between pickups.

The neck is looking good too.

I've precut a couple of nuts too.

Bunch O Stuff

so I'm not the only one who wraps the 9v in tape? That's awesome, you're the first person I have seen that does this besides me. Really nice and neat work :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:so I'm not the only one who wraps the 9v in tape? That's awesome, you're the first person I have seen that does this besides me. Really nice and neat work :tu:

"Luke, I am your Father" :)
Bunch O Stuff

Scoops wrote:
Hink wrote:so I'm not the only one who wraps the 9v in tape? That's awesome, you're the first person I have seen that does this besides me. Really nice and neat work :tu:

"Luke, I am your Father" :)
now that's funny on several levels, first that would make you pretty old and second my son's name is Luke :lol:

Ta Daaaaa!!!!!

Bunch O Stuff

:hail: absolutely beautiful :love: Great work and thanks for sharing it all with us :tu:

Hey, I think I have those same vernier calipers the red button says "off" on the left of the button and "on" on the right, the yellow button has "zero" written to the right of it and on the top is a green button for mm/inch...the case has a spot right below about the end of the scale (when the calipers are in the case) for a spare battery? I bought mine at Amazon

I got mine at a local mom and pop Ham radio store about 10 years ago. I Really need em, but I really hate em. If you forget to turn them off, you burn the battery.

I was playing my new found instrument just to see how it was out of the box. Not too bad, But I needed to shim the neck

Back to the work bench

Cheers
Bunch O Stuff

Scoops wrote:Ta Daaaaa!!!!!

Beautiful work! Very impressed.
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

It looks very very good :tu:
I hope you'll come up with some piece of music soon

Cheers

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”