Versatile, fully and easy programmable embedded multi-fx development kit

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have developed an audio/acoustical DSP processor which runs as a programmable soft-core on an FPGA platform. The system offers a huge processing capability (e.g. 1720 interconnected biquads @ 48kHz) with virtually zero latency.
This platform (based on Digilent Atlys, Spartan6 FPGA) can be used as a fully programmable guitar effects processor.

I have developed several algoritms, like distortion, reverb (zita-rev1), echo, 12-stage envelope phaser, wah-wah, tremolo, guitar model (based on modified Karplus-Strong and convolver to model acoustical guitar body), speaker cabinet models. These algorithms are fully operational on the platform with virtually zero latency (i.e. like a few audio sampling periods). When running the mentioned algorithms simultaneously, approximately 30% of the available processing capacity of the system is utilized (of coarse running real-time fully stable, no hick-ups, 48kHz sustained). Programming is straightforward and floating-point based: no processor knowledge required.

My question:
I would like to know what the general interest is in such a platform.

Keywords: massive processing capability, audio/acoustical modelling, ultra-low latency, declarative programming (design entry descriptive, like entering signal flow graphs), floating-point.

I would like to further explore the modelling capability of the system, and am looking for interested people who are willing to help.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”