Welcome to the CK_Modules and VST Forum

Official support for: chriskerry.f9.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Everyone,
Welcome to the official forum for 'CK_Modules and VST'
This is the place to ask any questions about my VST projects or CK_Modules for SynthEdit.

Why not visit my newly updated website and take a look: http://www.chriskerry.f9.co.uk/

Cheers.....Chris (CK_Modules)

Welcome.

Whenever I try to run CK_Jupitae my antivirus (McAfee) quarantines SPRING2.SEM because it thinks that it is a Trojan. It also quarantines CK_POLYPHONY_CONTROL.SEP from another Synthedit VSTi that I like to use. I was able to get around the SPRING2.SEM problem by borrowing a newer (or different) version of SPRING2.SEM from another synth, but haven't been able to get around the CK_POLYPHONY_CONTROL.SEP problem. Do you have work-arounds for this problem?

hersoot wrote:Welcome.

Whenever I try to run CK_Jupitae my antivirus (McAfee) quarantines SPRING2.SEM because it thinks that it is a Trojan. It also quarantines CK_POLYPHONY_CONTROL.SEP from another Synthedit VSTi that I like to use. I was able to get around the SPRING2.SEM problem by borrowing a newer (or different) version of SPRING2.SEM from another synth, but haven't been able to get around the CK_POLYPHONY_CONTROL.SEP problem. Do you have work-arounds for this problem?
This is a well known problem among developers. It is the antivirus that is buggy, so the problem is with McAfee. They have special algorithms to detect trojans that does not even exist, but that could have existed. So many of them seems to report spring.sem and other custom modules. I have reported spring.sem to many antivirus to their testlabs, and it has always been the antivirus programs fault. The worst thing is that I have got a lot of mails from people with rude language, when it is the antivirus programs fault.

You do this: There is a link to report false positives at McAfee webpage, there you just attache the file, and they will analyse it, find that it is not a Trojan, and then update their antivirus. Usually happen within 2 days.

The case with different versions working: The antivurus program will look at spring2 as a new file every time Jeff upgrades synth-edit, so if we all help each other and report as soon as we get the warnings we can keep this under control.

All the best
gunnare

I know that. I've always assumed that the detections were false positives. I'm not blaming the developers. But it's next to impossible to submit files to McAfee for their attention - I know because I've tried.

As I said before, I was able to take a SPRING2.SEM that a different VSTi generated (without being detected as a Trojan) and substitute it for the SPRING2.SEM that was detected as a Trojan.

I was hoping that I could get from somewhere a CK_POLYPHONY_CONTROL.SEP to substitute for the one that's being detected as a Trojan; this seems the right place to ask for one.

You should update your AV. Newer versions should not come up anymore with these false positives. If McAfee still does, they don't seem to update much....
ImageImage

Thanks and all, but my intention was not to discuss antivirus programs. Nevertheless, for what it's worth, from what I can tell McAfee updates twice-a-day.

I know that many others have had a problem with CK_POLYPHONY_CONTROL.SEP and if anyone has a CK_POLYPHONY_CONTROL.SEP version that works with McAfee I'd appreciate getting a copy of it.

Great that you have a forum here now.
Keep up the good work.

Hi,
As others have mentioned, it is the AV program that is at fault.
However, whenever i am notified of one of these types of problems i do try to create a 'fix' for it. The only thing i can do is to change the order of the code in my source and hope the AV likes the new version!!
PM me with your email address and i will send you a new version of the module to test.

BTW: which version of X-Jupitae is it? WideBoy or Flexoid?
The very old small GUI/paged panel version is obsolete.

Cheers.....Chris (CK_Modules)

Thanks, Chris, for your response. I PM'd you.

BTW It's actually "the very old small GUI/paged panel version" of CK_Jupitae.

hersoot wrote:Thanks, Chris, for your response. I PM'd you.

BTW It's actually "the very old small GUI/paged panel version" of CK_Jupitae.
Hi,
The 'CK_Polyphony_Control' module is not used in any of my X-Jupitae VSTs.

Because the VST causing you problems is from another developer, they will need to contact me for the updated CK_Polyphony_Control module and update their VST.

My modules are 'authorised', so it is not simply a matter of copying the module from another developer's VST folder - if you try to do that, then you will almost certainly crash your PC.

Cheers.....Chris

i like the fx-plugs :D ...very useful and good ;) ...thx

<2°TRo²³

Your plugins are the best!!! I love using them, although a manual or tutorial on how to use them would REALLY help me out.

Nice website and great that you have a forum here now.

Mike

Hi, are your plugins 64 bit compliant for use in 64-bit DAWs ??

Or do they need to be bridged ?

Best,

Rob.
Rob van Hees

vanhaze wrote:Hi, are your plugins 64 bit compliant for use in 64-bit DAWs ??

Or do they need to be bridged ?
They're made in Synthedit, which is 32-bit only at this point...

thank you for your reply !

but ..bummer ..

Rob.
Rob van Hees

Return to “CK Modules & VST”