NEW VST: CK Note & Program Change Quantise

Official support for: chriskerry.f9.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This (Updated V1.01) new VST Tool quantises MIDI Notes or Program Change timing.
CK_Note_Prog_Quantise.png
Independent Channel and Quantising for Notes and Program Changes.
Now has Low-High Note range options.

V1.01 Relative Note_Off Gate time is maintained.

*Note: This does not track Bars/Measures. To synchronise to Bars/Measures you should start your Host at the start of a Bar/Measure and use the appropriate Quantise setting.

*This is a MIDI VST made with VST2.4 so you will need to connect the AUDIO out to activate DSP/MIDI processing in some Hosts.

Freeware download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pku3zmf6m8jj ... r.dll?dl=0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thanks, this is what miss to replace a arranger keyboard. now can change the sequence easy and need not press key in perfect timing with the sequence. But it seem the arp have problems with too many or short fired notes or too many come. I have set quantize to x2. so this is 8 steps of 1/4. arp is in fill mode, arp hold enable and reset is set to play.transpose Midi is off. now when i press 3 keys and release them at next step 1 the notes are play correct. then i wait 2-3 loop times step 1 is play. now i press only 1 key. In fill mode, only the notes of the top bar should play then, because the other notes are cancel. I wait several loop times, but always the last 3 notes are play. without quantise, when i press 1 key after the 3 keys, it work ok, that only the notes of top bar play. i know that need wait 1 sequence loop with quantize until the arp change. but it seem not work. should i make a video, to show more ?

Edit: I notice in mulab event monitor, that the note on quantise vst send a note first with vel 0, then with a vel. so the note is not switch off, when another note is select.
CK: Curious. The module is Hard coded to send ALL the Note-Ons first then ALL the Note-Offs. O/C some Note-Off are sent as NoteOn:Vel:0 messages.

I did think there would be some issue with Quantising the Note-Off events as well, needs some thought.....maybe I should preserve the Note-Off relative timing (GATE time) :dog: :dog: :dog:
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Cool, thanks Chris. I'll check this out today.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Updated to V1.01 - see top post for new features :tu:

Great!

(the GUI too...)
:D

Thank you Chris!
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

great, thanks work now.Also the note range feature work ok now. Only what i notice in all your plugins, your note settings are diffrent to Note settings mulab use in event monitor, or sample tank use on keyboard and setting show. when event monitor, sample tank show a c2, then on your plugins its c3. happen also with transpose key on arp, pattern

I test CK Note & Program Change Quantise also on 64bit mulab with jbridge Demo(convert your VST). It seem work correct. in Demo version stand, it do not save. so all i can not test. not sure if i buy jbridge now, 32bit is ok for me, also i upgrade soon from win 7 to win 9, not sure if it then work.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

magicmusic wrote:great, thanks work now.Also the note range feature work ok now. Only what i notice in all your plugins, your note settings are diffrent to Note settings mulab use in event monitor, or sample tank use on keyboard and setting show. when event monitor, sample tank show a c2, then on your plugins its c3. happen also with transpose key on arp, pattern

I test CK Note & Program Change Quantise also on 64bit mulab with jbridge Demo(convert your VST). It seem work correct. in Demo version stand, it do not save. so all i can not test. not sure if i buy jbridge now, 32bit is ok for me, also i upgrade soon from win 7 to win 9, not sure if it then work.
BLAME STEINBERG! :D
Ages ago they made a mistake in the Cubase note numbers showing Middle C as C3 - this is wrong, but they never changed it :dog:

'Proper' Keyboards/Pianos have Middle C as C4 (Midi #60) - this is the system I use because my hardware keyboards all use this correct note system as well.
Note A4 (as we all know) should be 440Hz standard tuning.

Because Cubase was very popular, other Music programs adopted this same system but some went the other way (Cakewalk? maybe) and had Middle C as C5.

But I use the 'proper' note assignments :tu:

Return to “CK Modules & VST”