Drone Box 3

Official support for: olilarkin.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dronebox

Any chance we will get a Drone Box 3?

If not, is there somewhere I can buy Dronebox 2.3?

Not finding it on

http://www.olilarkin.co.uk/

yes. I've been working on it for a long time, and it's sounding really nice, with a lot of great new features. I hope to get it released within a few months, and it will be cross platform vst2, vst3, rtas, aax and au.

oli

Looking forward to it.

Me too... :)

I made a simplified version of DroneBox for the OWL pedal patch contest

https://soundcloud.com/olilarkin/droneb ... ch-contest

please like it on soundcloud!

cheers

oli

Yeah! Dronebox & polycomb - there's 2 fx I haven't played with for time!

Looking forward to a new version of this! Might crack the old one out later and have a play...
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

if the OWL gets MIDI input, maybe i'll make PolyComb for OWL

Sounds very cool! If I remember reading about it, it responds to guitar input?
Do you have to use a guitar on it, or can it be used with a midi keyboard?

abstractcats wrote:Sounds very cool! If I remember reading about it, it responds to guitar input?
Do you have to use a guitar on it, or can it be used with a midi keyboard?
not limited to guitar, but it doesn't work well on all sounds. A synth pad would probably not sound that great because it is quite harmonically complex already. Noisy sounds like lots of percussion sound great, also harmonically simple sounds like, flute, vocals, monophonic string instruments (and synthesised versions of)

oli

I remember using it on field recordings and getting a very interesting effect with it :)
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

I really miss dronebox and polycomb. Can't wait to get these back. I'm working on a project right now that could really use dronebox.

I don't know what happened to my license. The email account I used way back then is now defunct.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

if you send me an email with the details of your original purchase i can dig out a copy of v2 for you. v3 coming sometime soon, but another project has caused a big delay

what's up in this peculiar field ?

I, for one, think you're almost the only one to seriously consider this technique, involving delay lines as sympathetic resonances, so i'm very sensitive to any news related to it

i just hope you'll find the time to achieve what perhaps won't be a best-sellers commercially talking, but obviously a piece of art of it's own right

in very short :

:tu:

i know... it pains me how long this has taken, but i've been involved in another project which has taken all my time. I have been working with a GUI developer on a gui for the new Dronebox and i'm pretty excited about what i've seen so far so hopefully will get the new version out sometime in the near future!

meanwhile... it's working really well on the OWL pedal :-)

Any news on this? I’ve been following the thread and been quite intrigued by this Dronebox thing… It is still work in progress I hope?

Return to “Oli Larkin Plugins”