Welcome to Resonance-Sound

Official support for: resonance-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Welcome to the official support-forum of Resonance-Sound. Our thanks go to KVR/Ben for providing the forum.
All questions, suggestions or other related issues can be placed here.

About RESONANCE SOUND:

The new label RESONANCE SOUND is managed by the award-winning sound design companies SOUNDS OF REVOLUTION (SOR) and CFA-SOUND.
Oliver Schmitt (SOR) and Martin Breuhahn (CFA) came together to combine their knowledge for creating the most up-to-date sample packs, soundsets and virtual instruments. Besides that also their own labels will be distributed by RESONANCE SOUND.
Already for years itís been their passion to explore all kinds of electronic dance music. If you feel just the same and need sonic quality without any compromises - this is the place to keep on your radar!

Resonance-Sound @ Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/RESONANCE ... 8455258198
@ Twitter: http://twitter.com/#/resonancesound1
Last edited by Cyforce on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Congrats on the new forum Oliver & Martin i wish you much success with Resonance sound :wink:

Rob

hey thanx, rob!

best,
olli

Hello, I have only been making music for about 2 years so what may be clear to others is not completely clear to me. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I gather from reading the descriptions of just two of your products that your business sells two types of products, those for listening only, and those for use as samples, and such, to make music as a hobby or to sell. Is that correct? I haven't checked this yet, but I noticed the description of some products where the ownership of the license remains with Resonance Sound and that is completely understandable, but with samples, the ownership will transfer to the buyer, right? for the samples and loops? I have not checked this yet. It just makes sense that ownership of the samples and loops would transfer to the buyer. If that is not the case, what is the reason for this?

Regarding the products I've purchased from other vendors, I've noticed that some of the sounds, samples, and loops I've purchased from them turned out to be complete garbage. Is that a huge problem in this industry, or is there a standard of excellence in sound quality, which seems like something your company has adopted?

The way I judge good samples and loops is whether or not the sounds actually produce musical notes and chords. I've discovered a lot of junk in my collection that is just noise, and again, these are not from your company. I'm just mentioning that it's really annoying and now I need to separate the noises from the notes and chords. It would be nice if there was a standard so we knew what we were getting. It's hard telling by just a single song. People love having the ability to sample the samples by the way, whenever possible. Just a thought. Now this has me wondering if other vendors have the same policy regarding ownership. Do you know?

Anyhow, on the off chance that I go and check to see if the license for the samples and loops transfers to the buyers of your products, and it doesn't, I can't say that I will stick around and be buying many more products, but something tells me you are going to tell me this is the standard throughout the whole industry, which I currently have no knowledge of. I am just thinking of these things as I'm writing. Please let me know the general acceptance of use for sounds and samples throughout the industry? If you know the answers to these questions I would really appreciate your input. Thank you, and I look forward to checking out all of your products.
I just read your policy over and over again and it has me worried, but it made me wonder if people who use your sounds and samples are using them as a template and then changing them to make them their own before they use them. Is that what we should be doing in all cases or can the sounds be used as is? I know this a lot of information, but I gather it will save you a lot of time later if anyone else raises these questions. I just don't want there to be any confusion about using your sounds, samples, and loops to make music that is later sold.

Thanks,

USFreedom

hi usfreedom,

thanks for getting in touch. let me try to explain:

1) we create & sell samples, synth presets, and VST plugins. users generally use these sounds & tools to make music with it - be it commercial or non-commercial.

2) each product comes with a license agreement. In our opinion this is clear. To read this, please click on the “license agreement” tab for a product. In fact, we or our valued customers have never had a problem with this license agreement - it is more of a common wording in the industry.

3) "Regarding the products I've purchased from other vendors, I've noticed that some of the sounds, samples, and loops I've purchased from them turned out to be complete garbage. Is that a huge problem in this industry, or is there a standard of excellence in sound quality, which seems like something your company has adopted?"

>>> thank you for your kind words! the quality of our products is very important to us. that is our highest claim. The feedback from our loyal customers, as well as countless reviews from magazines and artists, encourage us to keep going. but of course, there is no “standard of excellence in sound quality”. however, for each product, you can use the demo song or free demo samples to check whether the product corresponds to what you imagine.

4) "The way I judge good samples and loops is whether or not the sounds actually produce musical notes and chords. I've discovered a lot of junk in my collection that is just noise, and again, these are not from your company."

>>> you can't say that across the board. it depends on what kind of music you make. especially in the techno area, which we mainly serve, atonal & noisy elements, etc. are often in demand. here too, we simply recommend checking the mp3 demo or free samples before you buy.

with my own products under "Sounds of Revolution", I spend most of my time combining noise elements with normal sounds. to do this, I often interconnect complex effect chains, work a lot with layering, etc. / what I want to say is that this is exactly what I am after - the noisy/dirty edge minimal & techno stands for. so it is very much intentional that it sounds the way it does.

last but not least - you can use our samples & synth presets in your (non) commercial music production royalty-free. no loyal customer has ever had any issues here.

i hope i could help you.

happy producing & all the best,
oli

Return to “Resonance-Sound”