Ambitron

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

caden23 wrote:Hi

Four year old HP laptop, 32 bit, 2gb RAM running Windows Vista, midi keyboard and FL Studio 10.9.

Thank you
When Ambitron is running do you see the wav file in the SAMPLE window? Do you see both wav files when you switch between layers A&B?

In the sound bank Ambitron Fields for the first patch (8th Dimension) you should see sine_wav_1 in Layer A and analog_theremin_2 in Layer B. If they are there and you still do not hear any sound press the little speaker icon below the sample on the right of SAMPLE window. This should play the original source wav file.

If you do not see them then check the Ambitron folder to see if they are in there.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Has the final version been released yet or is is still beta?
I have a licence but not received an email in a while.

ta
It was released over seven months ago. Are you saying you purchased it but never received the released version? If so, PM me your details (name, email address, date of purchase, etc.) and I will investigate.

Super! I come here to ask why I get no sound out of Ambitron and the answer is already there!

sine_wav_1 was loaded, but theremin_2 was not.

Open, load and whoosh...we're spaced out in in outer space.

Yet I do have two crits, be it small ones:

1/ that pdf is very difficult to read with the black background. I love the synth's lay-out, but the amnual should be more readable. I know: I can download the html pages and tweak the css or html, but many people wouldn't know how to do that.

2/ imo you should change that readme's name into !read-me-first.txt and add where to place that Ambitron folder with the wavs. Or add perhaps in a next version of Ambitron a prefs button that allows to set a standard location of that samples folder

Apart from that: more than worth the money, and I've only scratched the surface.

thanks!

O, btw, a question: how many mb/how long may the imported wav's be?
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

ErikH wrote:
O, btw, a question: how many mb/how long may the imported wav's be?
As long as you want. Limitation is RAM. However, most of the patches were creating using samples under 30 seconds maximum.

When Ambitron is running do you see the wav file in the SAMPLE window? Do you see both wav files when you switch between layers A&B?

In the sound bank Ambitron Fields for the first patch (8th Dimension) you should see sine_wav_1 in Layer A and analog_theremin_2 in Layer B. If they are there and you still do not hear any sound press the little speaker icon below the sample on the right of SAMPLE window. This should play the original source wav file.

If you do not see them then check the Ambitron folder to see if they are in there.
I can't see them there and they are not in the Ambitron folder.
Gave up too hard, Bought another synth.

Sorry to hear that. It sounds like it was installed incorrectly if you cannot see the wav files in the Ambitron folder.

I finally got around to downloading and playing with the demo. One thing perplexes me: how is everyone generating audio with this? I have Sonar X1. Normally I generate audio by selecting an area in the track view that has some audio data (usually triggered by midi), and selecting file / export to audio from the menu.

I'm not sure if this is the right way, but it's the only way I can think of: set Ambitron to respond to a midi note, record the note in X1, then select the track and export to audio. Is there a better way?

Thanks!

mleghorn wrote:I finally got around to downloading and playing with the demo. One thing perplexes me: how is everyone generating audio with this? I have Sonar X1. Normally I generate audio by selecting an area in the track view that has some audio data (usually triggered by midi), and selecting file / export to audio from the menu.

I'm not sure if this is the right way, but it's the only way I can think of: set Ambitron to respond to a midi note, record the note in X1, then select the track and export to audio. Is there a better way?

Thanks!
Mike,

Are you wanting to use Ambitron to create samples to reload into Ambitron or for something else?

In any case, regardless of what you want to do with it this is what I have done using Sonar 7:

I set Ambitron to respond to midi input (little keyboard icon next to Start button).
I then enter some midi notes in the piano view. I play it back to hear what it sounds like and make adjustments accordingly.
I then select the section (all or part) that I want to render to audio.
I now have the original midi track and and rendered audio track.
If I want to reuse that rendered audio track (which is a .wav file) I go into the Sonar folder where the audio files are for that project and load it into Ambitron or for anything else I might want to use it for (i.e. I could load into Psybox, Kontakt, Iris, or any synth that supports .wav input, etc.)

Or I just keep creating new midi tracks, rendering the audio to an audio track and building a composition by layering tracks.
I can then select all audio layers and export as one complete .wav file.

Not sure if this is what you were looking for.

Bobbotov wrote:
mleghorn wrote:I finally got around to downloading and playing with the demo. One thing perplexes me: how is everyone generating audio with this? I have Sonar X1. Normally I generate audio by selecting an area in the track view that has some audio data (usually triggered by midi), and selecting file / export to audio from the menu.

Thanks!
Mike,

Are you wanting to use Ambitron to create samples to reload into Ambitron or for something else?

In any case, regardless of what you want to do with it this is what I have done using Sonar 7:

I set Ambitron to respond to midi input (little keyboard icon next to Start button).
I then enter some midi notes in the piano view. I play it back to hear what it sounds like and make adjustments accordingly.
I then select the section (all or part) that I want to render to audio.
I now have the original midi track and and rendered audio track.
If I want to reuse that rendered audio track (which is a .wav file) I go into the Sonar folder where the audio files are for that project and load it into Ambitron or for anything else I might want to use it for (i.e. I could load into Psybox, Kontakt, Iris, or any synth that supports .wav input, etc.)

Or I just keep creating new midi tracks, rendering the audio to an audio track and building a composition by layering tracks.
I can then select all audio layers and export as one complete .wav file.

Not sure if this is what you were looking for.
Thanks, that answers my question. I haven't had much chance to experiment, but I take it that MIDI note-off stops play in Ambitron?

I can't wait to make something with this, in the Bobbotov vein!

mleghorn wrote:
Thanks, that answers my question. I haven't had much chance to experiment, but I take it that MIDI note-off stops play in Ambitron?
Exactly. It will continue after midi-off depending on the ADSR release setting of course like any other synth.
I can't wait to make something with this, in the Bobbotov vein!
:)

I'm ready to buy, but it seems that the m-rgt.com site is down :-(

Hmm, I can access it:

http://m-rgt.com/

Bobbotov wrote:Hmm, I can access it:

Comes up fine here, KY. US.

abstractcats wrote:
Bobbotov wrote:Hmm, I can access it:

Comes up fine here, KY. US.
I can access it now.

I've purchased Ambitron and Psybox. What's next? Should I be receiving some emails registration numbers, or links to the full product?

Thanks.

Return to “Instruments”