psyBox and psyBox+

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

psyBOX is a space-atmospheric generator (VSTi) for Windows - designed to produce tonalities which can ideally be used in the creation of ambient, space and soundscape music. Since psyBOX can generate non repetitive patterns once initiated it can be thought of as being free running or "pilotless." Once the "start" button is pressed a boundless world of drifting sonic waves will be woven into amazing and somewhat unpredictable sound textures. From the depths of outer space and strange alien worlds through the loftiness of heaven and the bowels of the Earth, psyBOX will take you on a musical journey that spans the spectrum of creativity.

psyBox+ offers the same fucnitionality but with the addition of the User being able to load their own samples. Both products are shipped together.

Please visit M-RGT website for more information, examples and downloadable demo.

Please post any questions you have here.

DELETED

astroidmist wrote:Thanks very much for a fast and decent purchase of your interesting musical software. I am looking forward to using PsyBox and PsyBox+.

I am wondering, what formats of WAV files can be loaded into PsyBox+ ?

Just about anything: 16,24 or 32 bit either mono or stereo. It is just a matter of practicality in how much fidelity you want versus file size. The higher bit rates really don't add a lot per se. I usually use 16 or 24 bit mono under 30 secs duration and that works fine.

DELETED

DELETED

Sorry, I missed this post.

It depends on the source sample and how much pitch variation is in it to begin with. Since psyBox is working with the entire sample if the source changes pitch so will the outcome. Try a test with a single pitched sine wave. Since a sine wave has no complex overtones it may be easier to keep the pitch constant.

Also, do not set any modulation that would affect the pitch of the source sample in playback.

Got mine this evening. Not enough time to play, but I'm sure I'll be composing with it very shortly... :)

Hmm. I'm getting a serious SynthEdit crash in Windows 7 (Live) whenever I try to use the VST. Is there a fix I'm not aware of? I'm logged in as Administrator.
Edwin James Lynch (aka "Objectman")
Dead Eddy | Day Job | Follow Me

What version of Windows? Do you get an error message?

Cool,i love this! I have already got Ambitron but want psybox too and was wondering ( probably a stupid question) can you trigger sounds via midi? Sorry for being a dumbass,@ work @ the moment. :roll:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote:Cool,i love this! I have already got Ambitron but want psybox too and was wondering ( probably a stupid question) can you trigger sounds via midi? Sorry for being a dumbass,@ work @ the moment. :roll:
With both instruments there is settings for midi initiation. Meaning, if you play a note on a keyboard it will trigger the instrument to play - release the note and they will stop playing. However, with Ambitron you can influence the sound by playing various notes as it responds to midi through the FUSION control. However, it is not a conventional synth in that the notes you play will not respond like standard entry but actually just relies on the midi pattern to mutate the sound. It will also respond to various pitch changes and velocity by midi entry. It is a subtle thing so play with it to see if you can detect differences.

Cool! gonna buy it now. :D
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Bobbotov wrote:What version of Windows? Do you get an error message?
Hi Bobbotov. Both Ambitron and PsyBOX work perfectly on my XP machine.

The error window on my Windows 7 machine that pops up looks like this

Code: Select all

Can't load SE Plugin:The specified module could not be found. . File: C:Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins\Kovalev\psyBOX+v1.1\Converters.sem 
Thanks for the response.

objectman wrote:

Can't load SE Plugin:The specified module could not be found. . File: C:Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins\[/quote]

Just one more question, is it 32 or 64 bit OS and DAW?

Bobbotov wrote:
objectman wrote:

Can't load SE Plugin:The specified module could not be found. . File: C:Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins\[/quote]

Just one more question, is it 32 or 64 bit OS and DAW?[/quote]

32 bit DAW (Live) and 64 bit system - although I have your plugs in my x86 Programs folder

Return to “Instruments”