PRODUCTS

My question is does or will Ambitron creates soundscapes that will rival or
compare to the PsyBox?

What I am asking I guess is do I need both or can I expect Ambitron to create
tracks comparable to psybox plus more?

Thanks,

Curt
C.W. Tooley

They are different instruments and not meant to duplicate each other. PsyBox is good for long drone or sustained soundscape type music. Ambitron has more modulation controls to vary the sound and the clash mode and Move Vector Control can create very dynamic and dramatic output. They both complement each other very well. I think if you play with the demo on each and listen to the sound examples it will at least give you a feeling for how they sound.

They both support user samples which I think is where they excel. The samples provided are just to get you up and running but with some unique samples of your own I think you will find they both handle them differently.

You can even try outputting psyBox samples into Ambitron and vice versa. This can produce some very unusual sounds as well.

Thanks for the good info. Exactly what I was wanting to know.

Curt

IndiQa wrote:Thanks for the good info. Exactly what I was wanting to know.

Curt
Another fun way to use them is to interchange the samples... record a wav from psyBOX and import it into Ambitron, or vice versa. You can really get some great new sounds and textures this way. Even if you barely modify the sample (so it's not very granular, etc) you can still really impose unique qualities onto the sample!
Check out my music, psychedelic art, and videos at www.EtherTrogg.com

Return to “Instruments”