Ambitron - possible to get more control over sample position?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I've been fooling around with ambitron a lot lately and really like it. Thanks for making this, and at an affordable price.

One thing that bugs me though is that I can't seem to be able to find a way to control the sample position. You can set the sample position to "random", which is... random, or "velocity", which is also pretty random, since it's apparently set by the velocity of the collision events.

If one of the MVC parameters could be assigned to 'sample position' (the way it can be assigned to grain size etc.) we'd have a bit more control over what happens and could adapt the overall scene more to the sample itself. Right now, some samples just 'work', others less so.

Or please explain if I'm missing something. Random is good, but sample position is one of the most important variables in this type of music (next to grain size probably), and it seems it's about the only one we can't reasonably control in Ambitron.

Thanks for your efforts and great work!

If you set Sample Start position to NONE (not Random or Velocity), then you can use range value of 0-100% to set start position.

Bobbotov wrote:If you set Sample Start position to NONE (not Random or Velocity), then you can use range value of 0-100% to set start position.
Cool, thanks! I never even bothered with 'none'...

Any chance of making that parameter assignable (to modulation and/or external midi) in a future version? It would be a big thing (for me at least... :)) and really open up soundscaping options.

Cheers!

//Edit:

I found it. The value appears to be falsely labelled as "Panorama Width A" (twice), in other words there are three entries for "Panorama Width A", one of them is the Sample Position % value for Layer A, the other is the Sample Position % for B and the third one is the actual "Panorama Width A".

So technically I guess this makes this a bug report. But in a good way. :)

Return to “Instruments”