Ambitron sample morphing clicks

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Clicks during transition from one sample to another. CPU monitoring indicates it's not being pushed beyond 13% and memory usage is only at 30%. I'm using Cubase 6 x64 & M-Audio card with latest drivers.
"Let us wander through a great modern city with our ears more alert than our eyes..." Luigi Russolo, 1913

Hm, same here in pilotless wave mode (Ableton Live and IK Multimedia StompIO).

I would appear that the pilotlesss crossfade knobs need to be turned hard left and hard right respectively according to... uhhmm, the manual. :oops:

Adding a little attack time seems to clean up anything that the crossfading doesn't and increasing the release seems to help a little with dead air but doesn't completely eliminate it.
Last edited by optofonik on Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us wander through a great modern city with our ears more alert than our eyes..." Luigi Russolo, 1913

I am running Ambitron in Sonar 7 64 bit and I am not getting any clicks. Is it constant with every change or just occasionally?

optofonik wrote:I would appear that the pilotlesss crossfade knobs need to be turned hard left and hard right respectively according to... uhhmm, the manual. :oops:
Actually, I have just tried different combinations without any clicking. I also tried at the shortest morph time interval (15 seconds) without any problem.

With the above changes I've eliminated some of the clicks but not all, even with the overall attack increased to its fullest. Perhaps increasing the crossfade and release values beyond their current limits would be a simple solution for the more difficult transitions (I'm not a programmer so take that for what it's worth).

optofonik wrote:With the above changes I've eliminated some of the clicks but not all, even with the overall attack increased to its fullest. Perhaps increasing the crossfade and release values beyond their current limits would be a simple solution for the more difficult transitions (I'm not a programmer so take that for what it's worth).
What are your ASIO settings?

Bobbotov wrote:
optofonik wrote:With the above changes I've eliminated some of the clicks but not all, even with the overall attack increased to its fullest. Perhaps increasing the crossfade and release values beyond their current limits would be a simple solution for the more difficult transitions (I'm not a programmer so take that for what it's worth).
What are your ASIO settings?
Good point. Massively increasing my buffer size solved it (from 144 to 512 samples. 256 was not enough).

It's taken a bit however, I think I may be sorted. Time will tell. I stopped using jBridge and things settled down a bit stability-wise. In addition, I went into my bios to to some performance optimizations. Then, started working at 88.2 with a buffer of 256. All seems to be well for the past couple of hours. On to my next question elsewhere...

Return to “Instruments”