Drag and Drop of Samples

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How hard would it be to add the ability to drag and drop samples onto ambitron?

Also could you explain what the fission modules do a little better?

Thanks,

Larry

gamesound2000 wrote:How hard would it be to add the ability to drag and drop samples onto ambitron?

The samples that come with Ambitron have to be in the Ambitron folder if pilotless/randomization mode is in effect. User samples on the other hand can be located anywhere on any drive unless they are to be used with pilotless/randomization and then they have to be in the Ambitron folder. The way Ambitron is designed you cannot load samples when in those modes regardless if they are Ambitron samples or User samples.

Also, it is designed to use Windows file management to locate these samples. If they were dragged and dropped the originals would still have to be located somewhere and accordingly they could be loaded using the file management. Not sure why drag and drop would be helpful. What was your idea specifically?
Also could you explain what the fission modules do a little better?
Fission mode controls midi data. Ambitron can be played form a keyboard to generate midi data or it will self generate a midi sequence. The manual explains how this data is manipulated and it acts sort of like a midi arpeggiator. The midi data is what is actually playing the sound grains.

Drag and drop is a wee bit quicker because you can have your sample browser already open as opposed to clicking on the sample load button and navigating to wherever. But ambitron supports the windows file system 'libraries', so I'm quite happy.
Bobbotov wrote:
gamesound2000 wrote:How hard would it be to add the ability to drag and drop samples onto ambitron?

The samples that come with Ambitron have to be in the Ambitron folder if pilotless/randomization mode is in effect.
I do wish the sample path for pilotless mode could be set manually to something other than only the main directory. That way you could have different 'sample sets' for pilotless mode in different folders and select these folder just like you would select a preset.

The main directory is also quite 'messy' (preset files, preset bank files, elements of the software and samples all in the same directory), so you can't just 'select all/cut/paste' all the stock samples to replace them with your own sample set.

Does that make any sense?

wasi wrote:
I do wish the sample path for pilotless mode could be set manually to something other than only the main directory. That way you could have different 'sample sets' for pilotless mode in different folders and select these folder just like you would select a preset.
I understand. I will discuss with Boris.

wasi wrote: The main directory is also quite 'messy' (preset files, preset bank files, elements of the software and samples all in the same directory), so you can't just 'select all/cut/paste' all the stock samples to replace them with your own sample set.

Does that make any sense?
Yes, it makes sense. You can of course select file type to isolate all .fxb, .fxp files.

Return to “Instruments”