psyGEN Granular synth and sequencer (RELEASED)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kryptonaut wrote:I was hoping to try PsyGEN tonight, but it crashes my DAW when scanning :(

Samplitude Music Studio 2013
Details? OS version and bit rate, DAW bit rate, RAM amount, using JBridge, etc.

yes, S1 32-bit, windows 7 64-bit.
That make sense for me, no need for bridging, no need for 64-bit os, as long as my ram is limited to 2gb.

Bobbotov wrote:
kryptonaut wrote:I was hoping to try PsyGEN tonight, but it crashes my DAW when scanning :(

Sorry, I realised after I'd sent it that the details were a bit sparse.

32bit Vista SP2, 4GB RAM, Dell Studio540 Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @2.33 GHz
32bit Samplitude Music Maker 2013

When I scan for new plugins, Samplitude trundles happily through the list until it gets to PsyGEN when it bombs out. I have the demo of Ambitron and that works ok.

Let me know if I can be of any more help tracking it down.

kryptonaut wrote:
Bobbotov wrote:

Sorry, I realised after I'd sent it that the details were a bit sparse.

32bit Vista SP2, 4GB RAM, Dell Studio540 Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @2.33 GHz
32bit Samplitude Music Maker 2013

When I scan for new plugins, Samplitude trundles happily through the list until it gets to PsyGEN when it bombs out. I have the demo of Ambitron and that works ok.

Let me know if I can be of any more help tracking it down.
Ah, that should be enough for now. We'll have to do a test first. I don't seen anything in that set-up that should cause a problem at first glance.

tweiss2000 wrote:yes, S1 32-bit, windows 7 64-bit.
That make sense for me, no need for bridging, no need for 64-bit os, as long as my ram is limited to 2gb.
When you run S1 by itself can you tell how much RAM the system is consuming in Performance Monitor with no other programs running?

Bobbotov wrote:Ah, that should be enough for now. We'll have to do a test first. I don't seen anything in that set-up that should cause a problem at first glance.
If it's any help, I just ran MusicStudio under Visual Studio 2010's debugger and got this stack dump when the crash happened:

ntdll.dll!7783878e()
[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for ntdll.dll]
ntdll.dll!778a068a()
ntdll.dll!778a12c2()
kernel32.dll!_HeapFree@12() + 0x14 bytes
msvcrt.dll!77749c03()
DD_COPYPASTE.SEM!65441d37()
DD_COPYPASTE.SEM!65441ab0()
DD_COPYPASTE.SEM!654418f1()
psyGEN_demo.dll!12fcfb27()
psyGEN_demo.dll!12fd130b()
psyGEN_demo.dll!12f677f8()
psyGEN_demo.dll!12f67ada()
psyGEN_demo.dll!12f6bb5b()
psyGEN_demo.dll!12fe301c()
psyGEN_demo.dll!12fe12b5()
psyGEN_demo.dll!12fd46da()
psyGEN_demo.dll!12fd588b()
psyGEN_demo.dll!12f646aa()
MusicStudio.exe!008858ba()

kryptonaut wrote:
Bobbotov wrote:Ah, that should be enough for now. We'll have to do a test first. I don't seen anything in that set-up that should cause a problem at first glance.
If it's any help, I just ran MusicStudio under Visual Studio 2010's debugger and got this stack dump when the crash happened:
Thanks, it does.

MMcGlumphy wrote:
Once you are redirected to PayPal, edit the URL in your browser and
replace "ru" after www.paypal.com/ with "us". (If you want English.)

Thanks, I ordered the machine, now waiting for the keys.
Musica Ex Machina: "I am all bionic except my voice"

This kind of synthesizer is the future, only we'll be able to control things with our thoughts - much more fluidly. Thus the music will be more human (less mechanical, filled with more nuisances and subtleties of expression) yet still using synthesizers.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

If you were having problems with the demo there is a new version that can be downloaded. Hopefully this solves some of the issues people were having. If not, let me know.

Bobbotov wrote:If you were having problems with the demo there is a new version that can be downloaded. Hopefully this solves some of the issues people were having. If not, let me know.
Just download, tried, still crashing (Win7 64-bit, S1-32-bit).

Are you sure you uploaded a new demo dll?
The downloaded demo dll has the same time stamp as the last one.

tweiss2000 wrote:
Bobbotov wrote:If you were having problems with the demo there is a new version that can be downloaded. Hopefully this solves some of the issues people were having. If not, let me know.

Now I downloaded the psySamples.rar file again.
I was wondering, why there is a different file count in the rar file compared to my hard disc folder.
Here I see some magic: after scanning (and crashing) again I see additional files in my hard disk's psy_GEN_Demo folder, like:
PsyGEN.FX1, and *.SEM files, like AP_KEYBOARD_1OCT.SEM, *.SEP files, like AF_PHASER_03_BETA.SEP.
Could this be a hint in our puzzle?

Not sure why there is a difference with hard disc but all of those files you listed should be there in the demo file.

Bobbotov wrote:psyGEN 1.0 VSTI for Windows is now released.

It uses granular synthesis of sample source files like our previous products psyBox and Ambitron but it also includes a 16 channel sequencer.

As with our other products it is geared towards experimental musicians and excels at ambient, soundscape, drone, glitch and abstract type genres. It also can be used for special effects and general granular manipulation of sample files.

Here is a visual of the GUI:

Here are some samples of what it sounds like:

http://soundcloud.com/bobbotov/sets/psygen-1

No price is set yet but It will be economical as our others have been.

Looks great - pity it's windows only :(
Links to other media sites and contact details are available at the bottom of my artists website.

http://venndiagram.ca

tweiss2000 wrote:

Try this:

http://www.m-rgt.com/psyGEN_demo_v1_01.rar

Time stamp of .dll should be 10/26/12.

Thanks for your patience :)

Return to “Instruments”