psyGEN Granular synth and sequencer (RELEASED)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

using win7 32bit here.

psygen demo works well with savihost as with fl studio.
so far only s1 has a problem with it.

i haven't tried it on my win7 64bit yet, as i suppose if it crashes s1 32 bit it will also crash 64bit jbridged.

i have a feature request. would it be possible to paint the sequencer with a key modifier? ctrl-click & moving mouse will fill all the boxes that the mousepointer touches. but only for 1 lane, so the other lanes are not affected. and alt-click would erase touched steps.
the predefined patterns are nice but painting is nicer.
and only be able to paint one step at a time is quite cumbersome.

thanks for considering

Bathrobe wrote:using win7 32bit here.

i have a feature request. would it be possible to paint the sequencer with a key modifier? ctrl-click & moving mouse will fill all the boxes that the mousepointer touches. but only for 1 lane, so the other lanes are not affected. and alt-click would erase touched steps.
the predefined patterns are nice but painting is nicer.
and only be able to paint one step at a time is quite cumbersome.

thanks for considering
Actually, we first had a paint type approach that wasn't quite the way we wanted it. So instead of spending a lot of time perfecting we did the single cell and pattern approach in this release. Maybe something for future update.

Bathrobe wrote:using win7 32bit here.

psygen demo works well with savihost as with fl studio.
so far only s1 has a problem with it.

i haven't tried it on my win7 64bit yet, as i suppose if it crashes s1 32 bit it will also crash 64bit jbridged.
I do not know S1 personally but does it have a built-in 32/64 bit Bridge? Some DAWS do now.

S1 does not have a built-in bridge.
there is a fully functional demo of the professional version.

Hopefully my memory isn't playing tricks on me, but I think I remember another thread about how S1 had problems with another app and it was suggested that it was a Synthedit problem. psyGEN is SE isn't it?

Just a little psyGEN noodling... a dronescape, combining three selfmade presets (using factory samples) in psyGEN:

http://soundcloud.com/luftrum-1/psygen-noodling
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

robojam wrote:Hopefully my memory isn't playing tricks on me, but I think I remember another thread about how S1 had problems with another app and it was suggested that it was a Synthedit problem. psyGEN is SE isn't it?
Yes, but we tested it on S1 32 bit and did not have a problem. I am going to DL the 64 bit version to see what happens.

Luftrum wrote:Just a little psyGEN noodling... a dronescape, combining three selfmade presets (using factory samples) in psyGEN:

http://soundcloud.com/luftrum-1/psygen-noodling
:)

To anyone that orders psyGEN, normally you will receive your order within 24 Hrs. If you dont receive a reply check your spam folder/filter settings!

If you have not received it within that time please do not hesitate to let me know. I will ensure you get a copy of the program.

I'd second the request for "painting" in the sequencer. Otherwise, I'm really enjoying playing with psyGEN. I normally don't use other people's presets in my music, but I enjoy playing them (and sometimes stealing ideas from them), and there are some really cool ones in here.

some new psyGEN tracks (the 4 spidergod tracks are made using psyGEN) :

please enjoy

http://soundcloud.com/spidergod/sets/a/

I installed S1 64 bit demo version on my Windows 7 64 bit OS and got psyGEN to load as a VST with JBridge. I am running it on a dual core Athlon II 3.0 Ghz desktop computer with 8gig RAM.

Here is a screen shot showing it:

Bobbotov wrote:
robojam wrote:Hopefully my memory isn't playing tricks on me, but I think I remember another thread about how S1 had problems with another app and it was suggested that it was a Synthedit problem. psyGEN is SE isn't it?
Yes, but we tested it on S1 32 bit and did not have a problem. I am going to DL the 64 bit version to see what happens.
Many thanks for your support.

I still don't get psyGEN working in S1 32-bit, S1 crashes while scanning (stackhash error).
I also tried configuring the Data Execution Prevention, no success.

No problems with Ambitron and psyBOX (and Atomic 8)).

Tested psyGEN also in Reaper: no problem.

There seems to be some magic in my system or it's karma that won't let me use the tool I was waiting for in my #one daw. :cry:

Or is there any special technical requirement for psyGEN, compared to your other instruments? Does it need an extra chicken of ram? I've poor 2 gb.

I was hoping to try PsyGEN tonight, but it crashes my DAW when scanning :(

Samplitude Music Studio 2013

tweiss2000 wrote:
There seems to be some magic in my system or it's karma that won't let me use the tool I was waiting for in my #one daw. :cry:

Or is there any special technical requirement for psyGEN, compared to your other instruments? Does it need an extra chicken of ram? I've poor 2 gb.
Hmmm. It could be a RAM issue. Hard to say although Boris ran S1 32 bit with only 1 gig of RAM and it worked. There is nothing particularly unique about psyGEN except the sequencer and the fact that it can load up to 16 samples at the same time. But that shouldn't prevent you from loading it into S1 unless you got an Out of Memory error.

But you are running S1 32 bit on a Windows 64 bit OS? I haven't tried that combination. I don't think you need JBridge for that though. If it was a 64bit VST in a 32 bit host you would.

Puzzling.

Return to “Instruments”