Era: Viola da Gamba

Official support for: bestservice.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Is there anyway to make this (and others) instrument polyphonic?

Thanks,

Bombadil
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

*crickets*
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Hey there, I don't know if this would work out for you but one of the solutions we had for monophonic synths at the KVR One Synth Challenge was to use piz MidiPolyphony with it.

The instructions below are for Reaper but it should, by logic, apply to other DAWs as well.
To get polyphony with <insert synth here> in Reaper, at least: you just need N+2 tracks, where N is your polyphony:
  • Create a group track <-- put your overall patch fx here (could use a send track in other DAWs)
  • Add N tracks under it, each with separate instances of <insert synth here> and the same-ish patch
  • Add 1 MIDI track under that same group track to play MIDI on (doesn't really need to be under the group)
  • On the MIDI track, add piz midiPolyphony, set it to N max channel, then route it to each of the N <insert synth here> tracks, with each routing, filter to a different MIDI channel 1 through N instead of all (could also use a MIDI channel filter on each individual track - one of the other piz plugins does that)
Download link:
http://www.thepiz.org/plugins/?p=pizmidi

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hey Bombadil,

sorry for the late reply... sustain is possible via keyswitch to play polyphonic but polyphonic legato is not possible.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

All the best

Martin

@SirKen.. thanks for the hint with the tool :)

Return to “Best Service”