Epic World and latest version of Engine

Official support for: bestservice.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

was Epic World tested with the latest Engine built? I am having a couple of patches that pop and click annoyingly. Running Desert Winds without any such problems here btw.

Thx,

Phil
Finally!

it's mostly the drones like:

aboriginal voices

but also pads like:

ancient flutes vi
Finally!

maybe this helps:

playing those patches makes studio one v2 64 bit think that all 8 cores are maxed out, while task manager says "hey, there is not much going on, 12%".

edit: turning off "elastique" in Engine helps a 100 % - but then sounds won't sync to host bpm anymore.
Finally!

Hi Phil,
Yes, it is a problem with Elastique mode...After Epic World, you won't find that problem any more...I hope! :)
Eduardo Tarilonte | Sample Library Producer
www.bestservice.com
www.samplelibraries.com

Jepp, the newer libraries don't have that problem.

But will it be fixed for Epic World? I like Epic World best, but those buggy sounds.. ..i don't know, make it feel unfinished.

edit: I sent Eduardo a list of files that kill off Studio One V2.5. Hopefully they can somehow be optimized.
Finally!

Here is the list fyi:

all those patches crackle and pop and spike the cpu in Studio One to a 100%.

Drones:

Aboriginal Voices
Apocalypto I (totally unusable)
Apocalypto II
First Daylights at the Mon.
Old chinese aquarel (totally unusable)
Road to Kilimanjaro (totally unusable)
Scheherezade (totally unusable)
The sun rises in Africa (totally unusable)

Pads:

Ancient Flutes II to VI
Oriental Dream Harp
Other World Signals
The Shire

Instruments:

African Drum Loops
Finally!

Haven't heard back from Tari in a while. Maybe someone from Best Service could chime in? The question is: Will this be fixed?
Finally!

Sounds like it's how Elastique works. Time Machine 1/2 in Kontakt can have distortion artifacts as well on just particular samples under particular conditions... and Elastique is used for these too.

These are no artifacts, these are clicks n pops that totally destroy the original sound and spike the cpu like crazy.

If this was somehow expected behaviour why would the elastik mode be enabled out of the box?
Finally!

Time Machine 2 in Kontakt can also completely destroy the sound at times, completely distorting the sample. Tonehammer vocal libraries suffered from his. It depends a lot on actual sample content.

That's why NI introduced Time Machine Pro in Kontakt 5, to deal with this issue.

But the patch shouldn't be destroyed out of the box. At least they could have saved them with elastique switched off.
Finally!

True that.

Hello,
Sorry for the late reply. You can turn elastique mode off, although the sound in some ranges will change as it also turns off the stretching.
Please see the pic. Click where it says EL-HDD and change for read from HD. That's all :)

Hope it helps,

www.bestservice.com
www.samplelibraries.com

Can i save this state?

Will this elastique bug be fixed? Still can't believe you are fine with this behaviour of some patches, your other libraries sound like you strive to achieve perfection.

Should i write to best service about this bug? So they will get it fixed... Had i bought Epic World first, i wouldn't have bought era and desert winds afterwards..
Finally!

Hello cyphersuit,
Best Service knows about it and are trying to solve it for future releases, not an easy task. The problem is that those patches have a lot of different samples inside, that's the reason why the CPU spikes.
Of course once changed, you can save the patch.
Also, even if it spikes, once the track is bounced, you won't hear the spikes in the mix.

It's not I am happy with that patches behaviour, but unfortunatelly there is nothing I can do :(

Hope it helps, and sorry for the inconveniences...

Tari
www.bestservice.com
www.samplelibraries.com

Return to “Best Service”