Engine 2.2.0.52 for PC and Mac | Available Now

Official support for: bestservice.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote:
NoSoniX wrote:That's not completely correct.

Independence is a Magix (formerly Yellow Tools) product. We have licensed Engine as player for us, Best Service.

Independence is not our main product and won't be. You can load up engine libraries in Independence but that's all, because they use the same code. Magix does the support for Independence, we only for engine.

In cause that engine is the "main" product for our libraries it's important to release the updates as soon they are available... that's mostly before magix will post their updates.

If you have questions about Independence, contact the customer support of magix. They will let you know when they will release the newest version.

We at bestservice don't have influence what happens with Independence.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks for the reply. Indeed I feared this might be the case. Magix's support isn't stellar unfortunately, and they are obviously quite behind in development of Indy vs what Engine is now... Not your fault, of course, it's their fault. But I fear this disjoint between Indy and Engine might only grow further apart as time progresses, and Magix might not be willing to cope with it, and it's a problem, because ideally the main sampler and the player should be done by one and the same company, to provide simultaneous updates to both the main and the player... You know, like it happens with competition (NI and MOTU)...
Yes you're right... this circumstance is not the best, but as far as i can say... as long engine will be updated, inde will be too, because the development is still the same, and it's not much effort if the code is available to make provide it for both. I'll get more information about the release of the latest inde soon (i've send an e-mail) and i'll let you know as soon i have this information. :)

NoSoniX wrote:
planetearth wrote:Either way, I'm glad to see updates to both soon. I like Engine and have used it on projects, but my aging PC can only run two instances before I have to start rendering audio. I'll download the update now!

And I've been a fan of Independence for years, and glad to see it hasn't been abandoned.

Steve
Hey Steve,

i'm sure the new version lets you use more instances before you have to bounce. Just give it a try! :)
Thanks! I'm about to install it now.

But I noticed the new version is considerably smaller than the original version I'd downloaded (2.0.2, I think, which may have come with some libraries). Do I need to uninstall first, or can I just put the new version "on top of" the old one?

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Just install the new one... the old will be deinstalled automatically.

NoSoniX wrote:Just install the new one... the old will be deinstalled automatically.
Well, now it's not finding the libraries I had from the original installation. I've tried pointing it to them (as I've had to do before and in Independence), but it says the samples are missing.

Guess I'll keep poking around with it for a while.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Would you please get in touch with us via support [at] bestservice.de and we'll take a look. Please send a screenshot of preferences/libraries from inside engine with your e-mail.

I am using the Forest Kingdom II demo, and I also had to re-direct toward that sample library. Once done, it works, but it is impossible as yet for me to determine whether it is more efficient on my i7 Mac Mini/Logic Pro X configuration than the previous version. I'll just have to wait and see other people's experience. I do want FK II and ERA, though. I'm a patient man.

NoSoniX wrote:Would you please get in touch with us via support [at] bestservice.de and we'll take a look. Please send a screenshot of preferences/libraries from inside engine with your e-mail.
Thanks. I had considered that earlier, since there's nothing on the Best Service website about this. All of the samples seem to be gone, regardless of which sound I choose. I added the libraries back to it, and they all appear properly, but when I try to load a sound, the .WAV files are gone.

I was going to e-mail the tech support people, but since it's Sunday, I didn't think anyone would be there. But I'll get a screen shot showing the error message to you.

Thanks!

Steve

how the samples can be missed when you have the exact path set within the engine?
i have my samples for engine located on G:/Samples/BestService/
i set the path to my folder in the engine and that was it.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:how the samples can be missed when you have the exact path set within the engine?
You don't set a path for the samples. You only set a path for the libraries. And that part seems to work fine, but the libraries point to samples that are now gone since I upgraded.

Steve

planetearth wrote:
murnau wrote:how the samples can be missed when you have the exact path set within the engine?
You don't set a path for the samples. You only set a path for the libraries. And that part seems to work fine, but the libraries point to samples that are now gone since I upgraded.

Steve
with samples i mean the libraries.

the libraries include the samples also.you should consider to depack the libraries again.
Last edited by murnau on Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I won't update then and wait for news about this problem being solved.
Finally!

murnau wrote:
planetearth wrote:

Steve
with samples i mean the libraries.

the libraries include the samples also.you should consider to depack the libraries again.
I tried that, but thanks. I unzipped the "Galaxy" library from the original download, and compared it to what I had on my drive. It had the same number of files and folders, equaling the same number of megabytes. There were no .WAV files in the original library that I could see. I think they're stored in proprietary files.

Steve

I tried that, but thanks. I unzipped the "Galaxy" library from the original download, and compared it to what I had on my drive. It had the same number of files and folders, equaling the same number of megabytes. There were no .WAV files in the original library that I could see. I think they're stored in proprietary files.
yeah sure, as said the libraries include the samples also. they are not plain wav files.

are you just compared the unzipped library with the existing one or have you overwrote the whole anyway in a 2nd step? maybe that could help.

i had no problem with the update btw.

murnau wrote:yeah sure, as said the libraries include the samples also. they are not plain wav files.

are you just compared the unzipped library with the existing one or have you overwrote the whole anyway in a 2nd step? maybe that could help.

i had no problem with the update btw.
I don't think everyone will have problems with the update--I sure hope not!

I compared a fresh, new, unzipped folder of the "Galaxy" library and all its contents with what was still on my hard drive where I had originally put the "Galaxy" library last year. I ended up with two copies of all the "Galaxy" files, and I had the same number of files and folders.

Steve

@all .. This is no problem with the update.

@steve.. is this another problem or is it solved with the guide i send you?

Return to “Best Service”